Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New exit fee is 3x payout. ND's payout does not include FB $ Is exit fee different?

Everything I've read indicates exit fee is 3x payout, or approx. 50M last year...but that includes football payout which ND does not share...they only get share on non-rev sports...would their exit fee be less than others??? based on THEIR payout?

Great minds think alike Frozen...

Quote Originally Posted by RTFC View Post
    Great minds think alike Frozen...
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by RTFC View Post
    Everything I've read indicates exit fee is 3x payout, or approx. 50M last year...but that includes football payout which ND does not share...they only get share on non-rev sports...would their exit fee be less than others??? based on THEIR payout?
    most likely, yes. assuming ND's total payment (TV, Bowl, NCAA, etc) from the ACC is ~$6MM, then i would think they buyout would be ~$18MM. Just like if Pitt and 'Cuse have graduated payments their first few years (i'd assume they do since every new ACC member has), their exit fee during those years would be lower, too.

at the end of the day, FSU's BOT member who spoke yesterday was probably right. if a school really wanted to fight the fee in court on the basis it is punitive, they would probably have a case. $50-60MM is a lot of money for a university to pay to change athletic affiliations. personally, i feel the B1G's policy of signing away television rights is the right way to deter membership changes, not fines.
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post

most likely, yes. assuming ND's total payment (TV, Bowl, NCAA, etc) from the ACC is ~$6MM, then i would think they buyout would be ~$18MM. Just like if Pitt and 'Cuse have graduated payments their first few years (i'd assume they do since every new ACC member has), their exit fee during those years would be lower, too.

at the end of the day, FSU's BOT member who spoke yesterday was probably right. if a school really wanted to fight the fee in court on the basis it is punitive, they would probably have a case. $50-60MM is a lot of money for a university to pay to change athletic affiliations. personally, i feel the B1G's policy of signing away television rights is the right way to deter membership changes, not fines.
    It's not payout it is conference operating budget. With is about the same currently as the payout. It's 50 mil to everyone and that started yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by SWEETPEA 05 View Post
    It's not payout it is conference operating budget. With is about the same currently as the payout. It's 50 mil to everyone and that started yesterday.
    gotcha. i misunderstood at the presser, i guess. that would make more sense.
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post

Sorry but that argument won't convince a court to second-guess the contract terms arrived by similarly-situated parties.

Posted from the Bass Fishing National Championship wing of Dietrick Dining Hall

Quote Originally Posted by SWEETPEA 05 View Post
    I think that is the more significant news from yesterday, much more so than Notre Dame "joining" the ACC. The exit fees weren't just increased, they were indexed for inflation too. If, in ten years, the conference operating budget is $25 million, then the exit fees will be $75 million. And since the University Presidents are the ones who all agreed to this, I'm pretty certain that the ACC is every bit a solid a conference as the Pac-X or the B1G. NOBODY is leaving the ACC.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

I have read 3x payout several places, but oper. budget does make more sense

actually very smart. It is not punative, but assessment on the cost of loss of membership on the conference. The FSU guy, is one of crazies on that board of trustees that are out of control. Gov Scott, is micro-managing the colleges; resulting in crazy thought by some of the governing board, and not letting colleges lead.