Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokies4Life View Post
    It won't ever happen in my opinion, but who knows in this day and age.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/notr...cussion.23571/
    Whoever this dude talked to is an idiot.

Tell me how you really feel? Haha. The thing I like about non division games nt counting towards getting to the ACC Championship is that eliminates unbalanced schedules affecting the division outcomes. For example this year when we have to play both FSU and Clemson from the other side and some tea ms in our division don't. The games against the other side wouldn't become exhibition games as you said, they would still in determining bowl placement and if you had ambitions of making the new playoffs, you obviously would hired to win them.
    Again, there is no incentive to having in-conference exhibition games. You would be forced into a home and home, and not very often with FSU and Clemson. It would be better financially for the school to simply add a big time neutral site game (which the FSU's and VT's might do) or to simply add a 7th home game (which the Duke and Wake Forests might do). If there's no economic incentive to the ACC members they wouldn't vote on it, and if they did vote to go to 7 games and play 5 OOC then the schedules would mostly suck and you'd only have 7 conference games out of 15 or 16 possible.

This atrocious idea is being put forth by a Big East alumnus or fan who is trying to think of a way his team can help the ACC benefit with further expansion. The short answer is it can't.

With regard to an unbalanced schedule, it hasn't prevented VT from reaching 5 of 7 ACCCGs and no one in the conference is complaining about unbalanced schedules, at least publicly. Programs like FSU are actually clamoring for better (hence, for difficult) games.
    Last edited by Hateful Hokie; Thu Sep 13 2012 at 02:00 PM.

I think Penn State is the eventual target.

Quote Originally Posted by VT8207 View Post
    A lot of people are talking about UCONN or Rutgers as the 16th school. Swofford is saying no more expansion - at least he's saying that right now - but for now I believe him. UConn is an absolute mess right now - lousy football and NCAA probs to boot. Radioactive if you ask me.. Rutgers always is pitched as the lead to the NYC market - but I just don't see it. To me, the most attractive option out there is Navy. They would make a great rivalry with us from the service academy / corps of cadets perspective - but that's not why Swofford would chase them. The real reason is when the next big conference shakeout occurs, having Navy in the conference will make the ACC that much more of a lock for ND to join as a full member. It seems inevitable that they will eventually join a conference - this makes us that much more attractive.
    The ACC just added highly respected academic universities in ND, Syracuse, and Pittsburgh. With Pitt being an AAU member, that brings the ACC's AAU membership to 6 schools (Duke, GT, MD, UVa, UNC, Pitt). That would be an enticing academic package for the PSU BOT to consider along with more regional travel.

Couple that with PSU's current animosity for the BiG piling on the NCAA sanctions and I think PSU will eventually become the 16th member.

It won't ever happen in my opinion, but who knows in this day and age.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/notr...cussion.23571/
    wow, can i unread that? no chance the ACC takes a bball only school, and even if they did, umd would bolt for the B1G in a NY second if the ACC tried to make that team G'Town.

ND is only getting 1.33% of ACC TV revenue, so the "ACC gave them what the BigEast wouldn't" statement is crap

i could go on, but my head hurts...
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

We already have the NYCity market with ND. They are a much bigger draw in NYC than Rutgers.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT8207 View Post
    A lot of people are talking about UCONN or Rutgers as the 16th school. Swofford is saying no more expansion - at least he's saying that right now - but for now I believe him. UConn is an absolute mess right now - lousy football and NCAA probs to boot. Radioactive if you ask me.. Rutgers always is pitched as the lead to the NYC market - but I just don't see it. To me, the most attractive option out there is Navy. They would make a great rivalry with us from the service academy / corps of cadets perspective - but that's not why Swofford would chase them. The real reason is when the next big conference shakeout occurs, having Navy in the conference will make the ACC that much more of a lock for ND to join as a full member. It seems inevitable that they will eventually join a conference - this makes us that much more attractive.