Glad Notre Dame is on board. Thanks Stech and Hokie83

I was really concerned earlier this summer when it looked like the acc may be losing some members. It is not everyday you read an article with quotes from a chairman of bot saying they may bolt (fsu). I was concerned that vt would pass on other opportunities that may have been available. I just wanted to make sure vt kept a seat at the big boy table.

Posts by Hokie83 and Stech said everything would turn out well for vt and alluded to notre dame may join. Well it turned out to be correct on both counts.

Thanks guys.

I am happy to have Notre Dame as part of the acc. I hope they eventually join for full membership but I am ok if it means a more secure conference.

Welcome aboard Irish

Go Hokies. Beat Pitt.

Holy crap, how's the green and gold Kool-Aid? This is not a win-win.

Its not a lose - lose situation imo

You got the green part right...going to be plenty of green for the ACC athletically and academically.

Patience this will be huge for VT and ACC...the story is not done yet.

Pretty Good. By the way thanks for the tailgating idea. Green and Gold Shots of Wild Turkey the first time the irish visit Lane.

Would full membership be better. Yes. I think it will prove to be a wise move.

Quote Originally Posted by ahokie4u View Post
    I was really concerned earlier this summer when it looked like the acc may be losing some members. It is not everyday you read an article with quotes from a chairman of bot saying they may bolt (fsu). I was concerned that vt would pass on other opportunities that may have been available. I just wanted to make sure vt kept a seat at the big boy table.

Posts by Hokie83 and Stech said everything would turn out well for vt and alluded to notre dame may join. Well it turned out to be correct on both counts.

Thanks guys.

I am happy to have Notre Dame as part of the acc. I hope they eventually join for full membership but I am ok if it means a more secure conference.

Welcome aboard Irish

Go Hokies. Beat Pitt.
    OMG....LOL!!! Whateva!

Yep...win-win all the way!

exactly what did the ACC lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie Bird 94 View Post
    Holy crap, how's the green and gold Kool-Aid? This is not a win-win.