FSU Board of Trustees opens mouth again (link)

Their BOT chairman has gone on record to say that FSU and Maryland did NOT vote to increase the buyout to $50 million. Since what's done is done, I don't see any constructive reason for him to mention this to the press. These type of statements only continue to place a small seed of doubt in the cohesiveness of the ACC. The chairman concedes that the payout makes it virtually impossible for any university to leave, so what's FSU's end game in all of this?

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1408459

How could the BOT chairman not know how the school voted? Or maybe they just were in the minority and lost the vote?
    "I did not achieve this position in life by having some snot-nosed punk on The Lounge leave my cheese out in the wind." - WestyHokie

Vote was unanimous.

Quote Originally Posted by WestyHokie View Post
    How could the BOT chairman not know how the school voted? Or maybe they just were in the minority and lost the vote?

Some of the leadership in Tally is Florida's special own type of WT. WT with money.
    Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it

During the ACC/Notre Dame press conference Swofford also pointed out that both Florida State and Virginia Tech presidents were in attendance while most of the other ACC presidents went home. Plus Clemson's president was one of the 3 ACC presidents instrumental in the Notre Dame membership negotiations. So there you have the 3 schools (FSU, CU, and VT) present today that are always rumored to be leaving the ACC for the Big 12 or SEC. The new $50 million exit fee alone will keep any school from leaving unless their new conference pays a good portion of it.

end game seems to be poor management and stupidity

According to Dennis Dodds, FSU and two others dissented on the $50 mil buyout.
    Also 5 vs 6 games was what was holding up the deal and the ACC did indeed cave.

1hDennis Dodd@dennisdoddcbs
    Correction: I mentioned 9 of 12 needed to approve exit fee. With 14 teams, that is obviously 11. 11 of 14. So at least 3 dissented.

Expand Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite

ACC initially came at ND wanting six games, settled on five.

Expand Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite

Quote Originally Posted by East Cobb Hokie View Post
    Vote was unanimous.

I want insight on that 5 vs 6 deal. 6 games is a half schedule, a nice round number, and three home and there away. I can't believe we caved on this. Six games is enough for ND to maintain rivalries with Stanford, USC, Navy, Purdue, Michigan, and Michigan State. Navy, Purdue, and half the ACC is a warm up anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by fitngoblr View Post
    According to Dennis Dodds, FSU and two others dissented on the $50 mil buyout.
    Also 5 vs 6 games was what was holding up the deal and the ACC did indeed cave.

Correction: I mentioned 9 of 12 needed to approve exit fee. With 14 teams, that is obviously 11. 11 of 14. So at least 3 dissented.

Expand Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite

ACC initially came at ND wanting six games, settled on five.

Expand Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite
    Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it