Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Were it not for the $50 million buyout I would agree. However, even ND will have a tough time affording that one. I think it is darn near inevitable at this point. This also likely mean that the next deal with NBC will not be nearly so lucrative. That is probably when this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Jessup View Post
    You catch that new 50 million dollar ACC buy out? The new buy out and ND effectively kills any more impactful conference expansion.
    So now we can't get out of the fifth best football conference and that's a good thing?

The ONLY way this is a win for VT is if ND joins for football. Everyone saying it will likely happen sounds a lot like all those Big East suckers who in the mid 2000's were holding onto the belief that it was only a matter of time before ND played football in the Big East.

Quote Originally Posted by East Cobb Hokie View Post
    "Likely" seems like a bit of a stretch.

"More likely" or "possible" is more realistic.
    If Clemson and FSU agreed to a $50MM exit fee, I think they must think it is pretty likely.

Quote Originally Posted by East Cobb Hokie View Post
    "Likely" seems like a bit of a stretch.

"More likely" or "possible" is more realistic.
    Give it a few years to let rivalries between Notre Dame and ACC schools start to brew. My bet is that after a while, enthusiasm among their fan base for playing Michigan State, Navy and Stanford every year may start to wane in favor of games against VT, FSU and Clemson.

+100

Quote Originally Posted by Femoyer Hokie View Post
    If Clemson and FSU agreed to a $50MM exit fee, I think they must think it is pretty likely.
    FSU voted against it. I don't know about any other votes.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSmokieHokie View Post
    FSU voted against it. I don't know about any other votes.
    I've read online that Maryland was also against the increase. I believe UMD & FSU were the only dissenters when the exit fee was raised to $20MM a year or so ago, as well.
    Last edited by hokieball; Thu Sep 13 2012 at 03:08 PM.