I know this has been said several times, BUT...

to all those hand wringing over this (IMO a bit short sighted)....it certainly appears to be a prelude to football membership in near future when TV contracts make sense to do so. little difft than ND in BE. I don't recall ND contractually agreeing to play 5 BE teams every year.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieNC View Post
    to all those hand wringing over this (IMO a bit short sighted)....it certainly appears to be a prelude to football membership in near future when TV contracts make sense to do so. little difft than ND in BE. I don't recall ND contractually agreeing to play 5 BE teams every year.
    ...not to mention all Presidents agreeing to 50M buyout w/out knowing future plans.

So how do you make that logical leap, as if it's a fait accompli that ND will join in football eventually? $50M means a lot to the rest of the ACC, so they'll stay until they don't want to anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieNC View Post
    We never had to play a set number. It was expected we would schedule some and we did(Cuse and Pitt, USF). We just were never forced to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie Bird 94 View Post
    So how do you make that logical leap, as if it's a fait accompli that ND will join in football eventually? $50M means a lot to the rest of the ACC, so they'll stay until they don't want to anymore.
    ball
    same way i concluded couple months ago that they were likely to join. based on direction of cf, changing landscape, etc, etc...it just seems to make sense. i say they are in for football w/in 5 years. of course, playing 5 games, is it much different now?