Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSmokieHokie View Post
    At VT, our own fans fill up the hotels, restaurants, etc. There would be little, if any, economic impact in the NRV from visiting fans.
    You left out the TIC, right? You have no idea what the economic impact to the NRV would be the other
    359 days of the year with easier access by planes. Take a look at Athens, Ga. Gainesville, Fl.

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorpshokie View Post
    Honestly I'd rather have a tower than long runways.
    That gets quite expensive, especially for the amount of traffic they have. Working the UNICOM freq is just fine for VT Intl.

Anyone know how many Hokies attend football games via general aviation? I've never been over at the airport on game day.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KBCB
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Wrong

Ah, but Mizzou is in the East. We'll see if UF, USC, and UGa fans make that trip every other year. Even Mizzou's cross-division rival A&M is nearly 600 miles away - as the crow flies. That means 7 of Mizzou's annual opponents are outside of sane driving distance.

I wouldn't count on seeing the usual complement of SEC fans at Mizzou every year after the excitement wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by lawhokie View Post
    Ah, but Mizzou is in the East. We'll see if UF, USC, and UGa fans make that trip every other year. Even Mizzou's cross-division rival A&M is nearly 600 miles away - as the crow flies. That means 7 of Mizzou's annual opponents are outside of sane driving distance.

I wouldn't count on seeing the usual complement of SEC fans at Mizzou every year after the excitement wears off.
    SEC schools have a rabid fan base. They travel regardless of the success of the team and how many years they have been playing each other. Not to mention every year 5000 or more new fans go to these schools, so every road trip is new to them