Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by VT73 View Post
    But I saw a lot of misdirection, end-arounds, etc. The offense got off to a slow start but IMO the defense never got going. A 100 yard rusher from Austin Peay? Future opponents must be licking their chops over this "possibly best ever defense". Lack of preparation and poor execution made AP look like a much better offense than they are.
    We allowed 62 yards passing, around 220 total yards against. The defense looked amazing the first half. Late in the game AP's running back had a couple of big carries to make their rushing yards look respectable against a defense that had been on the field a lot/second team defenders. And we did this 5 days after a brutal game against a run-oriented GT, constantly cut blocking and testing the stamina of our defense.
    Again, I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by 05hokie05 View Post
    From the looks of things you would think we lost the game today. Fire Stinespring? Fire Newsome? Fire O'cain? Im so sick of you guys. Its the second week of the season and the last i checked we're undefeated. You guys do not represent the true fan base that are proud to be Hokies, proud to be one of the winningest teams in the nation over the last decade. You sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. Its week 2 and there's lots of room for improvement but we are on the right track. We beat a team who's main strategy was clock control, and we did it by 35 points. You are not true Hokies and your ignorance is only outshined by your rabid over-zealousness.
    Any time anyone plays the true hokie card they should be kicked off the board immediately.

From the looks of things you would think we lost the game today. Fire Stinespring? Fire Newsome? Fire O'cain? Im so sick of you guys. Its the second week of the season and the last i checked we're undefeated. You guys do not represent the true fan base that are proud to be Hokies, proud to be one of the winningest teams in the nation over the last decade. You sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. Its week 2 and there's lots of room for improvement but we are on the right track. We beat a team who's main strategy was clock control, and we did it by 35 points. You are not true Hokies and your ignorance is only outshined by your rabid over-zealousness.
    I'm not sure you get what message boards are all about. The entire purpose of these boards is for people with a similar interest and overall goal to debate and discuss the best ways to go about achieving what we all want. Sometimes we don't agree on how to do it, and that's fine.

I'm very opinionated and passionate about Tech football, but I like hearing other folks thoughts even when I disagree because there are few things I enjoy debating and dissecting more than college football, especially when it concerns the Hokies.

All this nonsense about being or not being a "true Hokie" or the classic "I've been a Hokie for 68 years sonny and you don't know squat!" is silly and generally insulting.

We all love Virginia Tech. We all have opinions. That's why we come to TSL. Enjoy the win or don't, and just trust that the winningest active college football coach can keep improving our team as the season unfolds...or freak out and demand heads on platters.

Either way, we're all looking for the same thing. Let's just enjoy being a Hokie. ALL OF US.

You think this is bad....just wait for basketball
    "I'm gonna be a happy idiot and struggle for the legal tender" - Jackson Browne

Agree with everything up to the true Hokie part. There are just many devoted fans who are inveterate complainers and love to trash people on the internet while hiding like cowards behind their internet anonymity. I think they're True Cocks mostly but you can't say they're not Hokies. Every sports team has them.
    Give me crowd noise and cannons.
    -Dave Woods, Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by rjk1983 View Post
    I win is a win. Never apologize for a win. When I was checking the boards last night, I read comments on how people should bet against the spread (-49?) because we won't run up the score.
    The offense got off to a slow start. A fumble from a freshman and an uncharacteristic carry from LT cost us a few points. Best to learn those lessons early and build off them.
    With the talent we are supposed to have, honestly, average or even below average playcalling shouldn't detract from our ability to put up big numbers... but do big numbers really matter? Does one or two plays define our football team? Should we be running our best plays against a team that we have the ability to beat handily? In football, a 35 point win is pretty good, no matter what level you're playing at or playing against.
    We just won game 2. Go Hokies!
    You're not the only one who supports the OP. The only stat the really matters is whether our points scored was more than their points scored. Although I wouldn't throw the True Hokie card out there. That's just as annoying as they whiney bellyaching over the offense. But I do agree with the spoiled brat sentiment. We won by 5 touchdowns. Quit complaining!

All the stuff these folks say about how they're tired of the slow starts... Just ignore em. All their whining is wasted anyway. Frank will never fire anyone as long as we are winning 10 games per year.
    Last edited by Hokie CPA; Sat Sep 08 2012 at 08:41 PM.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

Then stop reading.

You are welcome to leave

Quote Originally Posted by VTCC'65 View Post
    That's why this board is called THE OTHER BOARD.
    I blame Boardhost Chris. He made it sound too easy to roll AP. We did roll AP but they got a few first downs and we did not convert a few 3rd downs, well your saw what I saw. On the other hand, if we had rolled them totally, you would be saying, AP was the worst team I ever saw. Our HS JV team could beat them.
    Saban? That you?

I'm so sick of people like you. People that are satisfied with the status quo. People that aren't willing to see what can be improved on. If this country was started by people like you, the USA would stop at the Blue Ridge Mountains and the rest would be French, British, and Spanish territory. In fact, people like you make me sick. You sit there satisfied with what you have and don't look at would could be. Shame on you. I hope you don't have a VT diploma on your wall because I don't want to believe I have a diploma from the same institution you do. And if that is the case, then you make my alma mater look bad.