Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 05hokie05 View Post
    From the looks of things you would think we lost the game today. Fire Stinespring? Fire Newsome? Fire O'cain? Im so sick of you guys. Its the second week of the season and the last i checked we're undefeated. You guys do not represent the true fan base that are proud to be Hokies, proud to be one of the winningest teams in the nation over the last decade. You sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. Its week 2 and there's lots of room for improvement but we are on the right track. We beat a team who's main strategy was clock control, and we did it by 35 points. You are not true Hokies and your ignorance is only outshined by your rabid over-zealousness.
    You're sickening.
    "It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." Ronald Reagan

From the looks of things you would think we lost the game today. Fire Stinespring? Fire Newsome? Fire O'cain? Im so sick of you guys. Its the second week of the season and the last i checked we're undefeated. You guys do not represent the true fan base that are proud to be Hokies, proud to be one of the winningest teams in the nation over the last decade. You sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. Its week 2 and there's lots of room for improvement but we are on the right track. We beat a team who's main strategy was clock control, and we did it by 35 points. You are not true Hokies and your ignorance is only outshined by your rabid over-zealousness.
    Oh boo hoo

Quote Originally Posted by VTCC'65 View Post
    I blame Boardhost Chris. He made it sound too easy to roll AP.
    Of all the things I've seen blamed instead of the offense, this takes the take!
    When replying to a specific post, use Reply With Quote

LOL...Good for you.

You are not true Hokies and your ignorance is only outshined by your rabid over-zealousness.
    I was okay until this. Really? You just called a bunch of people spoiled brats, whiners and 'not-true-hokies' but they are over-zealous? The great thing about this message board is that people are free to rant, coherent or not but slinging insults isn't the right way to go about it.

Geez, lighten up, all y'all Franciscans.

Grow up and then come back

I guess I'm the only one who supports the OP...

I win is a win. Never apologize for a win. When I was checking the boards last night, I read comments on how people should bet against the spread (-49?) because we won't run up the score.
    The offense got off to a slow start. A fumble from a freshman and an uncharacteristic carry from LT cost us a few points. Best to learn those lessons early and build off them.
    With the talent we are supposed to have, honestly, average or even below average playcalling shouldn't detract from our ability to put up big numbers... but do big numbers really matter? Does one or two plays define our football team? Should we be running our best plays against a team that we have the ability to beat handily? In football, a 35 point win is pretty good, no matter what level you're playing at or playing against.
    We just won game 2. Go Hokies!

It's an internet message board. It's been like this for as long as I can remember. Even if we drop 60 on a team, there will be something to complain about, and every fan has a right to complain. The same fans would be cheering the team on at the game. Complaining doesn't mean they don't support the Hokies. And most happily eat their plate of crow when they are proven wrong, myself included. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to be happy with everything you see. It just means you pull for your team no matter what. I think most here do that, and the ones that don't are usually here today, gone tomorrow. I try to be positive in most of my posts, but have no problem with someone who wants to gripe. This is America afterall (unless it's Mexico, but the message board is American... it is right?)

Agree - the offense got off to a slow start

Quote Originally Posted by rjk1983 View Post
    I win is a win. Never apologize for a win. When I was checking the boards last night, I read comments on how people should bet against the spread (-49?) because we won't run up the score.
    The offense got off to a slow start. A fumble from a freshman and an uncharacteristic carry from LT cost us a few points. Best to learn those lessons early and build off them.
    With the talent we are supposed to have, honestly, average or even below average playcalling shouldn't detract from our ability to put up big numbers... but do big numbers really matter? Does one or two plays define our football team? Should we be running our best plays against a team that we have the ability to beat handily? In football, a 35 point win is pretty good, no matter what level you're playing at or playing against.
    We just won game 2. Go Hokies!
    But I saw a lot of misdirection, end-arounds, etc. The offense got off to a slow start but IMO the defense never got going. A 100 yard rusher from Austin Peay? Future opponents must be licking their chops over this "possibly best ever defense". Lack of preparation and poor execution made AP look like a much better offense than they are.