Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by 05hokie05 View Post
    From the looks of things you would think we lost the game today. Fire Stinespring? Fire Newsome? Fire O'cain? Im so sick of you guys. Its the second week of the season and the last i checked we're undefeated. You guys do not represent the true fan base that are proud to be Hokies, proud to be one of the winningest teams in the nation over the last decade. You sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. Its week 2 and there's lots of room for improvement but we are on the right track. We beat a team who's main strategy was clock control, and we did it by 35 points. You are not true Hokies and your ignorance is only outshined by your rabid over-zealousness.
    You can put that "true Hokie" and ignorance stuff in the can.

From the looks of things you would think we lost the game today. Fire Stinespring? Fire Newsome? Fire O'cain? Im so sick of you guys. Its the second week of the season and the last i checked we're undefeated. You guys do not represent the true fan base that are proud to be Hokies, proud to be one of the winningest teams in the nation over the last decade. You sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. Its week 2 and there's lots of room for improvement but we are on the right track. We beat a team who's main strategy was clock control, and we did it by 35 points. You are not true Hokies and your ignorance is only outshined by your rabid over-zealousness.
    Better get you a puke bag...it's likely to get worse

"Special Teams have been horrible for the past 4 years.. beamer needs to go" - XundaVT
    Do you see why I have a hard time taking you seriously?

Here is why so many Hokies are frustrated...

The problems with the Offense are not new. They have been this way for several years. We were able to get away with poor execution and unimaginative offensive schemes because we had such phenomenal athletes such as Ryan Williams, Tyrod Taylor, etc.who made plays when the plays broke down. We look around and see other DI teams with Offenses that actually trick people and keep defenses on their heels. In our schemes, if we cannot overpower our opposition, we cannot move the ball. Modern O's take opposing defenders out of plays by deception. We seldom are able to do that. Offense should not be this complicated. One of my co-workers suggested that maybe we try to be too complicated by running so many schemes (no huddle, spread, option, pro style, pistol) Maybe we should focus on excelling in one or two schemes rather than trying to do so much. I personally think something is wrong when every year we see other teams with new young O lines operating with precision and moving the ball at will, while we always hear the same story that it will take 4 or 5 games before our O line starts playing together. Why can other teams quickly get up to speed, but we cannot? I think it is coaching. Are we trying to do too much?