Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

...and Pitt is gone to the ACC early too!

You have believing notre dame. A few weeks ago I was thinking that fsu and Clemson were gone soon to be followed by others. I was ready to bolt to the sec.

What is the dynamic for ND making a move so quickly? The BE isn't dead (at least for the sports they participate in).

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    What is the dynamic for ND making a move so quickly? The BE isn't dead (at least for the sports they participate in).
    maybe ND isn't interested in playing Houston, SMU, UCF, etc in bball, let alone sending their non-revs to all those campuses...just saying, this ain't our daddys' BigEast anymore...
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

They're afraid of facing Loyola in W Lax? I dunno, playing a tourney in MSG every year with G'town, Nova, U Conn, UL is probably still appealing to the alumni. That can't be the reason. Stech, what say ye?

I honestly think that Notre Dame will eventually wind up in the ACC. The questions are when will it happen and will they be required to join as a full member for all sports or will the ACC cut some kind of deal with them re: football. But the Big East is looking less and less attractive by the day for Notre Dame and the ACC is the best academic and cultural fit for them of the five power conferences.

Better access to Final Four Playoff and stability for the other sports...not to mention their students, alumni and big donors mainly live in the Northeast.

Other than that...just maybe NBC wants more than one college team to televise. After all, why have all your eggs in one basket?

Full membership only and soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Like, July soon? Because that would be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Don't tease me, son!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC