Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

#1 priority for Offense............Ball Security

Michael Holmes may not be faster, stronger, or more elusive than David Wilson, but he can be better at holding on to the football. Coming into a season where we will rely greatly on our defense to win some games, the most important thing for the offense will be to hold onto the daggum ball.

Can't wait for Labor Day! GO HOKIES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scrvbllgy14 View Post
    Michael Holmes may not be faster, stronger, or more elusive than David Wilson, but he can be better at holding on to the football. Coming into a season where we will rely greatly on our defense to win some games, the most important thing for the offense will be to hold onto the daggum ball.

My #1 priority is don't be so predictable. 90% of plays within the redzone were runs...pretty good chance the defense knew what was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneHokie View Post
    My #1 priority is don't be so predictable. 90% of plays within the redzone were runs...pretty good chance the defense knew what was coming.
    Agreed. I like that they are going to work on picking up the pace on offense. Now lets make the defense guess on what we'll do.

Fumbles will kill any offense but you have to move the ball forward. Our offense should think in 10 yard increments. Ten yards every three plays gets you first downs, eats the clock, allows lots of substitutions to give others some game experience, but most importantly, gives our D time to rest. Don't need big gainers, long touchdown runs or passes. Just need lots of first downs.

Especially on the first snap of the game.

My wish is for the offense to not snap the ball on "2" every down. I can already see the blitzers moving on "1".

I also don't want to hear "we need to get X the ball more".

I think Davis, Coales, and Roberts could have AWESOME years. Get them the ball and let them make you look good!

"hands" that is Coach Hite's recycled nickname for a rook' who can not hold onto the ball going back to at least the days of the guy below. ("dexter", funniest person I've ever meet mind you)

Different game at a different level of contact and at a different speed when you first take the D-1 game-field for keeps.

We shall see how fumbling goes this season.
    Though it is way up on my concern list right now.

late-
    b-st.

'не говорите хороший бой

you mean we've lost games because our offense couldn't stay on the field?

you mean we've lost games because our offense couldn't stay on the field?
    I'll take this as sarcasm. But it seems we've had times when our D and special teams were our best shot at putting points on the board.