Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    CLICKY

only a matter of days before we hear the same RE: Pitt, i'm guessing.
    So leaving 1 year early is worth 2.5 million. Syracuse will make that much extra by getting to the ACC.
    I don't always talk to UVa Grads but when I do I always order the Large Fries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Touchdown View Post
    Who needs a TV contract? The BE is doing great collecting exit fees. They just took in 8 more schools who will eventually pay to get out so the future is bright.
    The sick part is that the football schools will get almost none of the money and they should get most of it.

only a matter of days before we hear the same RE: Pitt, i'm guessing.
    honestly, i think 'Cuse could have done MUCH better in negotiations since the BE didn't want to include them in rev sharing after the new members come in anyway...but it is what it is.
    Maybe Pitt is playing hardball in the negotiations.
    __
    The Dude Abides

Quote Originally Posted by BayouGobbler View Post
    Maybe Pitt is playing hardball in the negotiations.
    Pitt is suing the BigEast, something 'Cuse refused to do. it will be interesting to see which strategy works better...
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Can we give them the "reverse ND deal"...all sports but football!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSmokieHokie View Post
    The sick part is that the football schools will get almost none of the money and they should get most of it.
    The BE is the only conference were entrance and exit fees are one of the major income lines. Heck, maybe the actual top income item.

Actually I can see them and Pitt getting better. Remember it has been hard to recruit for those guys in Lil East. Plus their academics are fine. Reason why WVU does ok. They take anyone. Wait a second the CUSE kicked WVU's ass. Oh and two years in row. LOL peeps I think Pitt will be fine and Cuse decent. Thing is will their fanbases become stronger? At least more energy. Duke is ACC issue not these two.
    Last edited by MrFantastic!; Tue Jul 17 2012 at 04:54 AM.

Pitt is suing the BigEast, something 'Cuse refused to do. it will be interesting to see which strategy works better...
    The Cuse got a real bargain. They had an advantage probably subtly threatening to join Pitt in suing or working it out without litagation fees. I know Pitt didn't want to sue but felt forced to push the agenda when the Big East stopped negotiations with the two of them after Marinatto was canned. Hope the Pitt announcement comes soon.