Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Yeah! Two steals and NO turnovers as well .......... a MUST GET!!!! :-)

Banned

That makes perfect sense

Quote Originally Posted by hokiebob01 View Post
    The university can not comment until he actually enrolls. The LOI signing period has passed so he is just going to enroll at VT and when he does JJ can comment. Until then NCAA rules forbid anyone at VT from commenting on him.
    And that is probably why the coaches probably want this kept quiet so that no one steals him before he enrolls.

Good post. Blatant sarcasism
    is a lost art.

Quote Originally Posted by thesurething View Post
    Thats one way to look at it....Another is: We're in the ACC, a Big 6 conference, and were competing against two mid majors (VCU and Ohio) for mid major level recruits. Should we really feel any kind of excitement that he chose us over them?
    Obviously it's far complete accuracy but Rivals doesn't show Erick Green with a high-major offer besides VT. Some of our best players in the past (Dowdell/Gordon/Collins) likely didn't have high-major offers either.

Quote Originally Posted by crooked road View Post
    To me, it has all the appearances of a kid wanting to be able to say - 'Hey, I play hoops in the ACC! That MUST mean I'm good!...' so he yanked the first 'offer' and is trying to make it a commitment.

At this point, Johnson's staff is pretty desperate for any kind of commit, and the kid may sense that. It might actually get him the schollie, just based on his hubris. Does that mean we'll benefit from his presence? Not at all. We won't know until his final game is played, if it is played in Orange & Maroon.
    If its true that is...anyone wonder why we havent seen Scout or Rivals or anyone like that pick up on this and report it?..That might speak a lot about this situation...

Zeke,

Can you recall any situation off the top of your head where a school has picked up a player this late (hell, the basketball players are in school now) that turned out to be a quality addition?

Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterAC View Post
    Zeke,

Can you recall any situation off the top of your head where a school has picked up a player this late (hell, the basketball players are in school now) that turned out to be a quality addition?

Not off the top of my head but I'm sure it has happened.

If memory serves me, Jared Dudley commited to BC about two weeks before..

Quote Originally Posted by Rev.Zeke Vodka View Post
    Not off the top of my head but I'm sure it has happened.
    school started. And he's now in the NBA. Actually, we were in the hunt for him.
    "Tech's the best, to Hell with the rest!" - Tech Cheer circa 1967

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyHokie View Post
    school started. And he's now in the NBA. Actually, we were in the hunt for him.
    Yes that is kind of true but in actuality what happened there is Dudley changed his class at the end of the summer. He traveled throughout the spring and summer as a rising senior. Then after playing so well during July, he re-classed and immediately became a freshman at BC rather than a rising senior...So that wasnt quite the same given that there wasnt every college out there that had passed on signing him to a scholarship since the fall of his senior season, not even getting his signature during the spring period like we are seeing happened with Stanback....

Quote Originally Posted by hokiebob01 View Post
    The university can not comment until he actually enrolls. The LOI signing period has passed so he is just going to enroll at VT and when he does JJ can comment. Until then NCAA rules forbid anyone at VT from commenting on him.
    Are you sure, or am I reading this bylaw wrong?

NCAA Bylaw 13.10.9 Media Releases Regarding Signing- Publicity released by an institution concerning a prospective student-athlete's commitment to attend the institution shall occur only after the prospective student-athlete has signed a National Letter of Intent or after the prospective student-athlete's signed acceptance of the institution's written offer of admission and/or financial aid.
    I will never understand people.
    They're the worst!