Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasvt View Post
    I saw somewhere else that 8/1 is some kind of withdrawal deadline for the ACC.
    It's 8/15.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by JHHOKIE View Post
    the Big XII is done. They expect announcements in July. Something about August 1 and ACC membership.......did not understand.

USE-e folks also said if this gets done, VT will be talked with and things could do quickly. NCST seems to be #16 in their thinking too.

May or may not be nothing to this, but me thinks things are about to get interesting. More and more it appears that 4 20 team supers will come from this and these 4 will break off from the NCAA and form their own deal.

We'll see. Me.....i would bet right now the 2 are gone too.
    I think there is nothing to what 2 folks at USC-East have to say about FSU, CU, VT, and NCSU. I see all 4 schools staying put in the ACC.

so what 20 teams do you think will be in B10? I could see them kicking Neb out but doubt PSU would be on the table.

The biggest problem you face with that approach is greed (same as ever). SEC adds 6 teams... VT, NCSU, CU, FSU, Miami and GT (for argument's sake). B10-east becomes UNC, Duke, WF, UVA, MD, BC, Syr, Pitt, SUNJ, UConn. Does that conference title holder deserve an auto bid? They're force fitting crap together rather than just starting off and negotiating as a single product like they should (eg NFL) - multiple contracts with multiple networks.

Quote Originally Posted by gern View Post
    so what 20 teams do you think will be in B10? I could see them kicking Neb out but doubt PSU would be on the table.

The biggest problem you face with that approach is greed (same as ever). SEC adds 6 teams... VT, NCSU, CU, FSU, Miami and GT (for argument's sake). B10-east becomes UNC, Duke, WF, UVA, MD, BC, Syr, Pitt, SUNJ, UConn. Does that conference title holder deserve an auto bid? They're force fitting crap together rather than just starting off and negotiating as a single product like they should (eg NFL) - multiple contracts with multiple networks.
    I think th eBig10/20 would pillage the ACC/ Big East for whos left after the SEC and Big XII come calling.

It is all about money. Always has been. But at least this way, they could expand on the same concept which created the "bowl" game b/t the SEC and BIG XII runners up.
    PAC20 #3 vs. Big 10/20 #3. etc, etc.

And yes, there would be no auto bids. If you are not part of the 80 teams in the four conferences, then you better get into one.
    Similar to how the Euros do Futbol! If the SEC decides that Miss St, isn't making the conference better, they could demote them and add an up and comer like Boise or something. Also, other up and comers like ODU or GA St., could positions themselves and wait for an opening in the SEC or BIG XII and replace a demoted team as well.
    As hard as a liquid sword

Its The Coming SEC Network That Will Add A Chunk of Change $$

n/m

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    I think there is nothing to what 2 folks at USC-East have to say about FSU, CU, VT, and NCSU. I see all 4 schools staying put in the ACC.
    too much smoke for there to be no fire....this is how it started pre-move for the likes of Colorado, Nebraska, TX A&M, Utah, And so on...

Quote Originally Posted by HOKIEGOBBLE View Post
    too much smoke for there to be no fire....this is how it started pre-move for the likes of Colorado, Nebraska, TX A&M, Utah, And so on...
    I guess I won't believe it until I see it. So far, I just see a lot of bloggers making wild guesses and predictions. I'm sure a few out of the thousands will get it right in the end. I just don't know which ones to believe. Many of those blogging have been wrong about everything the past 3 years. When I see reputable writers like Dan Wetzel and Pat Forde saying FSU and Clemson are leaving, then I'll begin to beleive that there is something to those schools leaving the ACC for the Big 12.

was there *ANY* smoke/fire for CU/Utah going to P10? I thought all the smoke/fire during that yr was P10 trying to get the gems in b12 (tu/ou/atm).

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseevol View Post
    Its The Coming SEC Network That Will Add A Chunk of Change $$
    ^^ This is why VT keeps coming up with regards to the SEC. VT (or UVA for that matter) is worth mega millions more to the SEC than the ACC, assuming only one school from VA were to switch. The ACC is doubled-down on the VA market, making the loss of one of the VA schools negligible to the conference. However, the joining of one of the VA schools to the SEC would bring each school in the SEC mega millions. The same goes for the ACC schools in NC.

Quote Originally Posted by gern View Post
    was there *ANY* smoke/fire for CU/Utah going to P10? I thought all the smoke/fire during that yr was P10 trying to get the gems in b12 (tu/ou/atm).
    I believe there was smoke in that situation. Pac-10 wanted Colorado with a group of 5 other Big XII schools (I think Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, & Oklahoma State). Texas wanted to go (badly), but wanted the Pac-10 to take a different team other than Colorado (I think Baylor) and Texas A&M didn't want to go. The Pac-10 gave Texas the finger essentially and invited Colorado anyway by itself. They then added Utah just to get to twelve schools.