Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

I hope this is not the young man from the area who eats and breathes VT basketball...

Quote Originally Posted by 79hoke View Post
    I just heard from an unimpeachable source that James Johnson fired the head manager of the VT basketball team for the sole reason "you were loyal to Coach Greenberg". This kid who is a rising senior at VT was granted a scholarship by Greenberg because of his tireless efforts on behalf of the VT bball program. When pressed, JJ told the manager, you worked hard and were great for the program, I just don't want anyone who was loyal to Greenberg in my program. I am stunned at this move. A manager?? Who was he supposed to be loyal to, and exactly what damage could a manager bring to JJ's program. Nice job Weaver! Out of the frying pan and into the fire!! What a class act....
    If so, this is very disappointing news. What would you expect your manager to do under these circumstances... If it if the young man that I know, he is one of the class acts in the whole school.

This is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen on this board.....and that's saying a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by rdblots2 View Post
    This is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen on this board.....and that's saying a lot.
    Somebody give this man post of the day.

I think it is safe to say by going to Clemson then taking The VT job that JJ is not very loyal to Greenberg. Not that there is anything wrong with that if Greenberg did not earn JJ's loyalty. That is between them.

I see Weaver fingerprints all over it, but that is just me and my very dim view of Weaver as a person.

Give him a scholarship??? How could he do that?

Quote Originally Posted by DGHOKIE View Post
    Give him a scholarship??? How could he do that?
    What do you mean? The student managers can get scholarships.

On what basis? Seems unfair to other students who work just as hard. How about the Tech-niques or others? Does someone working in the Dining Halls get scholarships after enrollment....... that's usually Work Study money...... I just don't understand......

Quote Originally Posted by DGHOKIE View Post
    On what basis? Seems unfair to other students who work just as hard. How about the Tech-niques or others? Does someone working in the Dining Halls get scholarships after enrollment....... that's usually Work Study money...... I just don't understand......
    Schools give scholarships for all kinds of things. Heck my son was offered $ 1,000 by both USC and ECU to be in their marching bands. USC actually gives out more scholarships in music than they do in football.
    I don't always talk to UVa Grads but when I do I always order the Large Fries.

Quote Originally Posted by 79hoke View Post
    clean house...a 21 year old kid working his way through college...
    Welcome to the real world. If he got any scholie money, he's money ahead.
    I will never understand people.
    They're the worst!