Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Very disappointing news about VT bball coach James Johnson

I just heard from an unimpeachable source that James Johnson fired the head manager of the VT basketball team for the sole reason "you were loyal to Coach Greenberg". This kid who is a rising senior at VT was granted a scholarship by Greenberg because of his tireless efforts on behalf of the VT bball program. When pressed, JJ told the manager, you worked hard and were great for the program, I just don't want anyone who was loyal to Greenberg in my program. I am stunned at this move. A manager?? Who was he supposed to be loyal to, and exactly what damage could a manager bring to JJ's program. Nice job Weaver! Out of the frying pan and into the fire!! What a class act....

It's tough but it happens.

Banned
    Doesn't sound like a family environment, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by 79hoke View Post
    i just heard from an unimpeachable source that james johnson fired the head manager of the vt basketball team for the sole reason "you were loyal to coach greenberg". This kid who is a rising senior at vt was granted a scholarship by greenberg because of his tireless efforts on behalf of the vt bball program. When pressed, jj told the manager, you worked hard and were great for the program, i just don't want anyone who was loyal to greenberg in my program. I am stunned at this move. A manager?? Who was he supposed to be loyal to, and exactly what damage could a manager bring to jj's program. Nice job weaver! Out of the frying pan and into the fire!! What a class act....
    jj needs to clean house, good job.

Pffft. Unless it was you. Then, sorry
    I just heard from an unimpeachable source that James Johnson fired the head manager of the VT basketball team for the sole reason "you were loyal to Coach Greenberg". This kid who is a rising senior at VT was granted a scholarship by Greenberg because of his tireless efforts on behalf of the VT bball program. When pressed, JJ told the manager, you worked hard and were great for the program, I just don't want anyone who was loyal to Greenberg in my program. I am stunned at this move. A manager?? Who was he supposed to be loyal to, and exactly what damage could a manager bring to JJ's program. Nice job Weaver! Out of the frying pan and into the fire!! What a class act....
    GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clean house...a 21 year old kid working his way through college...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    It's tough but it happens.
    It may be tough, and it may happen, but then crap happens also.

If JJ fired the manager just because he was loyal to Greenberg, than shame on JJ.

Now, if the student manager was a point of distraction, or causing or trying to cause problems, then it would be fine to get rid of the manager. Outside of that, there is no excuse.

Hopefully there is more to the story....I find that hard to believe.

If true, it's really not surprising.

When it comes to the current regime, the word loyalty does not exist.

Was this the young man in the wheel chair??