Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    How do you know where people stand without a vote?

Also, consensus is not unanimity...as stated above in another post.
    With 12 people you generally have a discussion until folk come to a solution that all can accept. Votes would just cause folks to solidify and later defend their position. Votes would tend to slow the process of reaching consensus down.
    I don't always talk to UVa Grads but when I do I always order the Large Fries.

I thought getting away from "voting"

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Also the more important point is that the other conferences that will be voting on this hated it.

"Swarbrick, like Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany, thinks a final decision regarding a playoff will be made on June 20. As it pertains to the selection process, just about all of the “Big 6″ leagues have come out in favor of a conference champion-only model, with SEC commissioner Mike Slive being the biggest proponent of a field consisting of the top four teams from the regular season regardless of whether they won their conference championship or not."

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...oom-for-irish/
    Was (supposed) to be getting away from "voting" and settling it on the field.

If there had been a playoff of say 8 teams over the past 10 years and the field wasn't 3-6 SEC then the best would not have been included.

Quote Originally Posted by amptech View Post
    Was (supposed) to be getting away from "voting" and settling it on the field.

If there had been a playoff of say 8 teams over the past 10 years and the field wasn't 3-6 SEC then the best would not have been included.
    Different voting...I am talking about how they vote on June 20th for how the teams will be picked for the playoff.

Conferences can't like one school, ND, having an equal vote to an entire conference. Certainly they will put a stop to that.