Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314

can you take a shot at what Lane "supersized" would look like?

Meh, just expand the east stands......its only trees in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by cwtcr hokie View Post
    it is not happening any time soon, another problem, we actually filled the stadium (i go to all home games) maybe twice last year.
    That's called crappy scheduling of home games

Quote Originally Posted by cwtcr hokie View Post
    i deal in reality. We do not have the space or any money to make major changes to a stadium we just made major changes to. Even if we get into the SEC the money would be years away and you need donor money for capital projects and the donors are about tapped out. Between all the money begged from them in the past 10 years and the fact that the economy continues to limp along (see europe for our next big problem) the money is not there for the fantasy stuff in this thread. And the reality is last year the sec had bama, lsu and SC and arkansas slaying well and the rest were very ordinary.
    I would like for you to agree with the next 3 random posters in this stadium expansion string.

A lot more fans willing to go to Blacksburg every week for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    Have a feeling that if we're ever to join the SEC, we'll need more stadium seating. What do we gain if the North endzone is expanded like the South? (Not sure, but don't think that would add that many additional seats.) Aside from narrowing the seats to get more people into the stadium, what's next?

10,000 tons of plaster. Make a mold and fill it with concrete

==
    Quote Originally Posted by Fore Hokie's View Post
    Anyone out there have any graphic design experience? take our SEZ, mirror it on the NEZ. look at a stadium like Clemson and take our East Side Stands add boxes across them and add a top deck.
    "Do you see what happens, Larry? Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps?"

Quote Originally Posted by BG Hokie View Post
    A lot more fans willing to go to Blacksburg every week for a game.
    Guess the Commonwealth needs to expand I-81 to 6-lanes between Roanoke and Wytheville.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    Have a feeling that if we're ever to join the SEC, we'll need more stadium seating. What do we gain if the North endzone is expanded like the South? (Not sure, but don't think that would add that many additional seats.) Aside from narrowing the seats to get more people into the stadium, what's next?
    It's as big as it will ever be. We say we sell out every game, but TV shows a whole lot of empty seats. We are Virginia Tech, and I'm OK with that.