Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"we are committed to the ACC but will listen to other offers."

I hope this convinces some of you hat this is more than a twitter based big12 PR stunt. Things are very serious and likely quite advanced for the Clemson board to essentially say "we are committed until something better comes along.". I am sure VT is way out ahead of us and already evaluating options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

that is the position of every member of the FBS

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusHokie View Post
    I hope this convinces some of you hat this is more than a twitter based big12 PR stunt. Things are very serious and likely quite advanced for the Clemson board to essentially say "we are committed until something better comes along.". I am sure VT is way out ahead of us and already evaluating options.

Except VT

Quote Originally Posted by daveinop View Post
    that is the position of every member of the FBS
    But you don't hear the BOT chairs publicly stating such in an interview immediately after a meeting to address conference affiliation. Have we not learned anything in the past decade? The parties involved deny everything until they absolutely must address it. For them to even acknowledge a willingness to hear proposals is a stark admission that they are on the market.

Not if you're happy *and* feel you're in a stable situation. I doubt you'd hear that from an SEC, B1G, or Pac12 team.

Exactly. That didn't need to be said in a press release. You can say you're committed to the ACC and leave it at that... it doesn't change whatever conversations are going on in the background. Given the corporate nature of this level of decision-making and communication (all board members probably all signed off on the verbiage), the stakes involved, and knowing how the rumor-verse would analyze them, those "open-minded" comments seem deliberate... like (perhaps) the more they talk to FSU the more they're hearing things are beyond the point of return.

Clemson just uploaded their profile to the ConferenceMatch.com dating website

Next step is to go out on a date.

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusHokie View Post

I understand what they're saying, but the Big XII? Really? Clemson would lower itself to that garbage conference? Heck, I'd be surprised if Texas and Oklahoma are even in the Big XII in 10 years.

This almost seems like the world has gone crazy. This is like UVa threatening to defect to the Big East.

Quote Originally Posted by Hateful Hokie View Post
    I understand what they're saying, but the Big XII? Really? Clemson would lower itself to that garbage conference? Heck, I'd be surprised if Texas and Oklahoma are even in the Big XII in 10 years.

This almost seems like the world has gone crazy. This is like UVa threatening to defect to the Big East.
    With the new contract the Big 12 is a very stable and very wealthy conference. With defections from the ACC the Big 12 could quickly rival the SEC.

you shouldn't "hear" it from anyone...happy or not. hurts leverage and makes you look foolish if you don't leave.

QUOTE=Tercules;328118]Not if you're happy *and* feel you're in a stable situation. I doubt you'd hear that from an SEC, B1G, or Pac12 team.[/QUOTE]