Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev.Zeke Vodka View Post
    The coach doesnt know who it is that has been talking the kid into coming out. Probably more than one school perhaps. The fact that it totally blindsided Chad Meyers means it was done behind his back.Meaning you never will know which schools were doing this and how many. So if he ends up at Tech, how would Chad not think Tech wasnt one of those or the school? Is it worth that?

And, since this was done behind Chad's back by other colleges leaving him in a bind, other prep coaches are watching this resolution. Stink is going to be all over the school that ends up with Collins. Regardless of whether they were actually initially involved in the coercion of Collins...So those other prep schools will now be very leery as well...You are creating bad blood in a number of places, most notably a Virginia prep situation that can be very fruitful and useful for you moving forward...No one player is worth that. And I happen to like Collins a lot. So much so that he was my second favorite point guard target on Tech's point guard board...But the possible damage you are doing just isnt worth it. Even if you have acted above board...Like i said earlier, its not so much the truth in this business, but the perception that shapes and influences opinions. And whoever gets Collins will be perceived as someone that went behind Chad's back and convinced the kid to comeout without so much as informing his own coach so that he could be finding a suitable replacement...Reagardless of whether that perception actually was clothed in reality...Chad could have been out the entire the month of April when there tournaments every weekend, looking for Corban's replacement had he known. Or during the month of May when he had 3 additional AAU weekends to find a possible replacement...If he had been kept in the loop on this... Thats just not right, nor the way to do business in my opinion, while trying to keep avenues open for you in the future....

Now it appears the majority of the people here on the board disagree with me. Thats fine because Im not afraid to take a position that not many share. We will just have to agree to have a significant difference of opinion on this matter...
    It is a shame that Collins did not have someone around to advise him of the possible adverse results that could result from his leaving early. Most notably for him, the possibility of fewer options. Maybe some of the schools that he was interested in might not approach because of what you said above. Would he be worth the chance of losing access with the prep school. Who school{s} would not care?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    .....it won't be for very long anyway, esp. if he anything resembling a good season.
    His list is actually down to three and those 3 are Cincy, LSU and Central Florida...In addition, those 3 ALL recruited Collins through his AAU coach. None of the three were in contact with Chad Myers-his coach this past season at Massanutten- and thats why he was
    blindsided by all this...Virginia Tech and most everyone else recruited Collins through his Massanutten coach and as a '13 prospect, which was the intent of Chad and what Collins had agreed to as well when he decided on Massanutten...Those final 3 recruited Collins as a '12 prospect through his AAU coach ONLY with no contact through Myers at all....I think people can make their own decisions about this with this additional information that has been flushed out....

Bottom line is Virginia Tech is not going to get Corban Collins. It isnt happening. And Virginia Tech did the right thing with the way they handled this recruitment. There will be no future blowback on them and they were above board during the process.....Not everyone can say that but Virginia Tech can.....

I can never remind people how slimy college basketball recruiting is. Never can remind people enough. And how there is almost ALWAYS additional information with details that I just dont feel I can or should divulge....So I will just say Virginia Tech did nothing here to make fans and followers not proud of the program and in fact I am personally very proud of the way we conducted ourselves...And I will leave it at that....

Banned
    I think we are locks for the ACC Sportsmanship Award for 2012-2013!

While other teams are winning, we sure can be proud of the family atmosphere and our sportsmanship award will pay dividends in the future....

Quote Originally Posted by RexRay View Post
    I think we are locks for the ACC Sportsmanship Award for 2012-2013!

While other teams are winning, we sure can be proud of the family atmosphere and our sportsmanship award will pay dividends in the future....
    Hey man, everyone has their opinions on how we should act. If you personally know the details of this recruitment and are suggesting Virginia Tech take a different approach then you and I are have very different opinions.....Which makes us simply on opposite sides of how we should act and how far we want to go in recruiting...Its all good brother...

At this point in the process why wouldn't Coach Myers want to steer Collins away from the dubious actors and to VT since he has a good relationship with JJ and it seems that Collins likes VT? The damage is done and it is clear that it was not by us. It would seem that the best outcome for all parties would be for Collins to come to Tech. But maybe that is just my selfish point of view.

QUOTE=Rev.Zeke Vodka;331005]Hey man, everyone has their opinions on how we should act. If you personally know the details of this recruitment and are suggesting Virginia Tech take a different approach then you and I are have very different opinions.....Which makes us simply on opposite sides of how we should act and how far we want to go in recruiting...Its all good brother...[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by VamPIre Turkey View Post
    At this point in the process why wouldn't Coach Myers want to steer Collins away from the dubious actors and to VT since he has a good relationship with JJ and it seems that Collins likes VT? The damage is done and it is clear that it was not by us. It would seem that the best outcome for all parties would be for Collins to come to Tech. But maybe that is just my selfish point of view.
    I think the sticking point is that it would appear that Coach Myers is not a factor in Collins' recruitment- his AAU coach is. Unless I've misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrowsm View Post
    I think the sticking point is that it would appear that Coach Myers is not a factor in Collins' recruitment- his AAU coach is. Unless I've misunderstood.
    So cash talks, and talk walks.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne