Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Rev, what are our chances at landing Corbin Collins/what are your thoughts on him?

Just saw on twitter that he is now in the 2012 class instead of 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by BlacksburgHokie5 View Post
    Not the highest rated kid But we need all the depth we can get. Could play a ton of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlacksburgHokie5 View Post
    That info is true, I spoke with Chad Meyers, his coach at Massanutten and he confirmed that...

I think we had a good shot at getting Collins in the '13 class and had been recruiting him....I dont see it happening in the '12 class though....One of the reasons is that this news came as a great surprise to Chad, just finding out about it yesterday...Chad was in Hampton all weekend watching Corban play every game. So this came as a shock to him..Further, Virginia Tech has a very good relationship with Chad so grabbing Collins right now after this huge surprise might affect that relationship moving forward....So my guess is we dont do anything accordingly....

Quote Originally Posted by Root4tech View Post
    Not the highest rated kid But we need all the depth we can get. Could play a ton of minutes.
    I really liked Corban Collins. He was one of my personal top three preferences in the '13 class at that position. I know he wasnt rated highly by others. I have a different opinion on his game obviously than others do...I would have been quite confortable getting a '13 commitment from him...

Quote Originally Posted by Rev.Zeke Vodka View Post
    That info is true, I spoke with Chad Meyers, his coach at Massanutten and he confirmed that...

I think we had a good shot at getting Collins in the '13 class and had been recruiting him....I dont see it happening in the '12 class though....One of the reasons is that this news came as a great surprise to Chad, just finding out about it yesterday...Chad was in Hampton all weekend watching Corban play every game. So this came as a shock to him..Further, Virginia Tech has a very good relationship with Chad so grabbing Collins right now after this huge surprise might affect that relationship moving forward....So my guess is we dont do anything accordingly....
    So you are saying taking Collins could hurt the relationship with the coach?

I would be surprised at that. Chad and JJ are friends.

I don't understand. So, Coach Meyers is upset that Collins reclassified into the 2012 class? And now he would be spiteful with a program that took his player? I obviously don't know the story, but I don't get it....

Quote Originally Posted by NickVT2000 View Post
    I don't understand. So, Coach Meyers is upset that Collins reclassified into the 2012 class? And now he would be spiteful with a program that took his player? I obviously don't know the story, but I don't get it....
    Yeah I am very confused as well. Is this what you were saying Rev? I don't understand why he would be mad at us for taking him...

Quote Originally Posted by NickVT2000 View Post
    He would be upset if he found out a program "coerced" or talked the kid into coming out a year early. Im not speaking for Chad, but he was under the impression he would have Collins all of next year...Now he is left scrambling late to find himself a point guard, a very difficult task given that many kids have already committed to a prep program already. You are left with leftovers rather than a HM point guard which he had in Collins. So yes, one would understandably be upset with the sudden change of heart. And yes, one would wonder if a college program missed out on their spring targets, so decided to raid a program of a player this late....That very well might be a fracture in a relationship moving foward if that happened...Its just a part of this business but its not the proper way to do business in some minds....

I would have a problem with a college program taking one of my kids that was committed to me for next year this late. Especially if it was sudden, without anyone talking with me and they didnt go through me. Leaving me with a gaping hole at a position. By going behind my back and convincing the kid to leave after making that commitment....

Again, I am not speaking for Chad, only saying what I would feel in his position and what some others might feel as well...Its a cut throat business at times and often is survival of the fittest...Things like this dont make you friends, thats for sure...

He would be upset if he found out a program "coerced" or talked the kid into coming out a year early. Im not speaking for Chad, but he was under the impression he would have Collins all of next year...Now he is left scrambling late to find himself a point guard, a very difficult task given that many kids have already committed to a prep program already. You are left with leftovers rather than a HM point guard which he had in Collins. So yes, one would understandably be upset with the sudden change of heart. And yes, one would wonder if a college program missed out on their spring targets, so decided to raid a program of a player this late....That very well might be a fracture in a relationship moving foward if that happened...Its just a part of this business but its not the proper way to do business in some minds....

I would have a problem with a college program taking one of my kids that was committed to me for next year this late. Especially if it was sudden, without anyone talking with me and they didnt go through me. Leaving me with a gaping hole at a position. By going behind my back and convincing the kid to leave after making that commitment....

Again, I am not speaking for Chad, only saying what I would feel in his position and what some others might feel as well...Its a cut throat business at times and often is survival of the fittest...Things like this dont make you friends, thats for sure...
    Doesn't sound like it's worth burning that bridge.
    Where in the world is PhotoHokieNC?