Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"wild Speculation" - Orangebloods

Quote Originally Posted by Muddywolf View Post
    This article confirms my worry that expansion stops after FSU and Clemson leave**

That site has been wrong as much as they have been right. too much unknown for any one to know where this is headed.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Jessup View Post
    This article confirms my worry that expansion stops after FSU and Clemson leave**
    Same here. If FSU & Clemson go why would the Big12 add more teams? They have the SEC deal and a conference championship. The SEC has no need to expand. Notre Dame is not joining any conference before 2015 if then. IF IF IF .... This is looking like a colossal mess for VT and the rest of the ACC.

I wonder how this whole Clemson/FSU package deal came about? If its true, then it means there had to have been some conspiring going on between the two schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddywolf View Post

"Wild Speculation" - Orangebloods

One statement that caught my eye

"Another Big 12 source told me Friday allies in the SEC have advised the Big 12 to really study whether it wants to grow beyond 12. Take that for what it's worth." Now that could be a huge kick in the nads if FSU/Clem leave and the B12 stays at 12 and the SEC at 14. VT is SOL.

interesting comment from the SEC. Big 12 should study if it wants to go beyond 12...

There is something there. could it be that ACC is going to 16 with ND and Rutgers.. and if big 12 doesn't act and destabilize the acc with FSU and Clemson, they are going to be the 16 team conference. Could be that ACC has a package with ND proposed that handles their unique contract and transition to 15 and FSU and/or clemson really dont like it. (very short term mentality). Also SEC with the bowl game doesn't mean anything except more money,,,,and also destabilize the ACC perception. Also, the big 10 made some code. big 10 is not into any expansion to 16 immediately. Read that code word.. they are happy with ACC going to 16...

could it be if ACC locks in 16 quickly....before big 12 reaches, it will be ok. any potential tv rights will be renegotated for 15 when/if ND/Rutgers comes in.

If the SEC can get a VA and/or NC property they will take it. If not, than they stay at 14 and keep trying.

This whole thing reminds me of the game "Monopoly." If they made a board game about this, would ND be Board Walk?

Quote Originally Posted by 133193Hokie View Post
    If the SEC can get a VA and/or NC property they will take it. If not, than they stay at 14 and keep trying.