Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tier 3?

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4hokies View Post
    I've heard that it is in the 6 million range but I don't know for sure where that came from. I believe neutral site money is our's to keep too.

Where did you find the VT report? I tried a google search for it recently and couldn't find anything.
    it's linked on the TSL homepage (http://www.techsideline.com/subscrip...ancial-report/).

If we are in the $6MM range, that is likely the apples to apples of the $10MM Florida calls their "Tier 3".
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

The B1G isn't really in the production business, are they? If I remember correctly, they partnered with a Fox network to do the B1G Network. Fox gets X% of the profits. Fox is doing all the heavy lifting. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by JEdge04 View Post
    Just read your post on the football board. Good point and not something i've considered before. Both sides benefit when Raycom uses "ACC" in the name of their network, so it is hard to estimate how much that might be worth.

And as an aside - I have no envy of the BTN. The ACC has no business in being in TV production - stick to what you are good at (relatively speaking, of course). But i just hope that Swofford has put a lot of thought into how much those Tier 3 rights are actually worth and used that as a bargaining tool. From face value it seems that barely keeping up with the other major conferences while throwing Tier 3 in the bag doesnt exactly look promising...

Quote Originally Posted by Atlee Hokie View Post
    The B1G isn't really in the production business, are they? If I remember correctly, they partnered with a Fox network to do the B1G Network. Fox gets X% of the profits. Fox is doing all the heavy lifting. Right?
    partially right. a lot of the on site production is the responsibility of the league and the member institutions. i recall the B1G actually claiming this was a major benefit to their various media related programs. Fox provided the distribution network and the industry expertise, but i think the B1G schools are heavily involved in production. it was painfully obvious the first few years, too...
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    it's linked on the TSL homepage (http://www.techsideline.com/subscrip...ancial-report/).

If we are in the $6MM range, that is likely the apples to apples of the $10MM Florida calls their "Tier 3".
    I think you may be correct on that.

UVA has something like 8,000 fewer students and collects $5.7 million MORE in student activity fees!
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

partially right. a lot of the on site production is the responsibility of the league and the member institutions. i recall the B1G actually claiming this was a major benefit to their various media related programs. Fox provided the distribution network and the industry expertise, but i think the B1G schools are heavily involved in production. it was painfully obvious the first few years, too...
    Maybe that is why the SEC went they way they did. Didn't want to go into sports production.

I bet Syracuse would drool at the opportunity presented by a B1G style network.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie CPA View Post
    UVA has something like 8,000 fewer students and collects $5.7 million MORE in student activity fees!
    That's what happens when no one shows up for your football games