Re: TV watching... anyone still watch The Office?

Is it me, or are they trying to replace Michael Scott with this Nellie chick who is agonizingly obnoxious? The stupid, ignorant comments on race (or any subject really) along with the inability to do hardly anything right, but with Jim and Pam there to have her back when necessary, just rings of Michael Scott.

I'm kind of hoping they just end the show this season, even though it is renewed. Also can't believe Dwight is getting his own spin-off.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post
    Is it me, or are they trying to replace Michael Scott with this Nellie chick who is agonizingly obnoxious? The stupid, ignorant comments on race (or any subject really) along with the inability to do hardly anything right, but with Jim and Pam there to have her back when necessary, just rings of Michael Scott.

I'm kind of hoping they just end the show this season, even though it is renewed. Also can't believe Dwight is getting his own spin-off.
    Yes, we're still hanging on. It has gotten bad, and every week I'm on the verge of just bailing. Nobody is signed for next season, so I'm interested to see what happens moving forward. That said, last week's episode was interesting and ended on a note that hooked me for at least another week.

I don't necessarily think they're trying to 'replace' Michael Scott with Nellie. I think they're a different kind of stupid, but they've done a good job at balancing her ignorance(?) with reasoning behind it, making her a little sympathetic while everyone hates her.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychobilly View Post
    Your posts ... are money. I read them all.

I still like it. If they cancel it, the show they replace it with probably won't be as good.
    __
    The Dude Abides

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutHokie04 View Post
    Yes, we're still hanging on. It has gotten bad, and every week I'm on the verge of just bailing. Nobody is signed for next season, so I'm interested to see what happens moving forward. That said, last week's episode was interesting and ended on a note that hooked me for at least another week.

I don't necessarily think they're trying to 'replace' Michael Scott with Nellie. I think they're a different kind of stupid, but they've done a good job at balancing her ignorance(?) with reasoning behind it, making her a little sympathetic while everyone hates her.
    I haven't watched last weeks yet. I find that I now watch pretty much any show on DVR. Only thing I watch live now is sports. But I digest...

Too invested now to quit. Overall plot lines are not very good, but have their moments occasionally. IMO the opening segments have been great though.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post

The writing is weak. The whole story arc.right now was already done before. They called it the Michael Scott Paper company. They are also using inter office romance as a crutch. Now you have Ryan and Kelly, Jim and Pam, Erin and Andy, Robert and Nellie, and Darrell and Val. Not to mention the past ones of Dwight and Angela and Michael and Holly. That's just lazy writing. The show jumped the shark around the wedding episode. Steve Carell leaving was necessary for Steve Carell, because his character was getting worse and worse.

Nope. Haven't watched any since Michael Scott left.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutHokie04 View Post

I see what you men now and I think it's brilliant. Can't wait to watch tonight.