Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CalvinBall View Post
    Well the silver lining is that he wasn't very good his freshmen year anyways.

What? He led the ACC in rebounding amongst freshmen.... was good defensively, good ball handler, good passer...... its not all about PPG. He had a good season, showed improvement after the big slump, and is going to be a very, very good player wherever he ends up. Sad it will not be in Blacksburg.... I hope the firing of SG is not what ran him out but I guess we'll never know.

We are going to be seriously short on bodies next year.

Don't think you will see a VT-ODU game anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CalvinBall View Post
    Well the silver lining is that he wasn't very good his freshmen year anyways.
    Yeah he sucked, he only averaged 7 RPG and shot 36% from beyond the arc as a freshman.

FML

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coleman View Post
    Like I said, I don't think it's a coincidence that this comes out after he's back home in the 757. Lot's of influences out there. If you are undecided about something, then the people around you will generally influence you. And VT basketball isn't well thought of in the 757. We've signed a grand total of 2 guys from there in the last 10+ years I believe.
    DFS & Cooke. not a stellar track record now

Quote Originally Posted by nc_hokie87 View Post
    What? He led the ACC in rebounding amongst freshmen.... was good defensively, good ball handler, good passer...... its not all about PPG. He had a good season, showed improvement after the big slump, and is going to be a very, very good player wherever he ends up. Sad it will not be in Blacksburg.... I hope the firing of SG is not what ran him out but I guess we'll never know.
    I take it back then. I live up in the north east and didn't get to see a ton of games. The ones I did see he was non existent on the offensive side of the court.

He was the best rebounder on the team, by far, and he played good defense. We'll miss him, but we'll survive.

Like I said, I don't think it's a coincidence that this comes out after he's back home in the 757. Lot's of influences out there. If you are undecided about something, then the people around you will generally influence you. And VT basketball isn't well thought of in the 757. We've signed a grand total of 2 guys from there in the last 10+ years I believe.
    He was working out with coach goolsby last night.... Maybe he convinced him. I don't have much to say here without probably being attacked, so I'll finish and leave by saying it sucks that a month ago I thought VT bball had such a promising future (even next season) and now I fear we will be going back to as competitive as we were in the big east days. I hope I am wrong. But we've lost one of the winningest coaches and best recruits we've EVER had in a matter of weeks.... that can not be good

And VT basketball isn't well thought of in the 757. We've signed a grand total of 2 guys from there in the last 10+ years I believe.

That is a gross misunderstatement CC. No love in Tidewater for VT.

Quote Originally Posted by nc_hokie87 View Post
    David Teel ‏ @DavidTeelatDP

Just to be clear: Sources say Finney-Smith's planned transfer unrelated to #Hokies coaching change. "This has been brewing for months."

Like I said, there was a chance he was bouncing even if SG was still the coach.

Correct