Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hokie.win View Post
    Hmmm
    You'd be surprised at the guys who have thought about transferring before. My point is that this move might have happened with or without Seth. I didn't think it would, but it's worth noting that (based on his Twitter feed) he's done with school this summer and back in the 757. The perfect place for somebody to get in his ear.
    Last edited by Chris Coleman; Tue May 08 2012 at 04:37 PM.

Maybe JJ can work his magic. I am sure he has been trying already but there is still time!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coleman View Post
    Not necessarily. I had heard rumors for 3-4 weeks before Seth got fired that Finney-Smith was considering transferring. About the same time I started hearing that Richardson was trying to get out.

Rumors and reality are a world apart at times. Maybe he would've transferred, maybe not. But if he had already made up his mind to transfer, it obviously wasn't BECAUSE of seth (as many on here have implied... either naming DFS directly or by saying "players" don't like him and would transfer).

Either way, we have now lost one of the winningest coaches in VT bball history and one of (if not the) highest rated recruit in VT bball history. In a matter of a couple weeks. Really sucks

Lovely.

When Richardson left, I was afraid that DFS might follow him. The two of them are reportedly very close and having Richardson at VT was a big part of the reason that he signed here.

Well the silver lining is that he wasn't very good his freshmen year anyways.

Geez - I wonder where he'll transfer to???????

Quote Originally Posted by nc_hokie87 View Post
    Rumors and reality are a world apart at times. Maybe he would've transferred, maybe not. But if he had already made up his mind to transfer, it obviously wasn't BECAUSE of seth (as many on here have implied... either naming DFS directly or by saying "players" don't like him and would transfer).
    Like I said, I don't think it's a coincidence that this comes out after he's back home in the 757. Lot's of influences out there. If you are undecided about something, then the people around you will generally influence you. And VT basketball isn't well thought of in the 757. We've signed a grand total of 2 guys from there in the last 10+ years I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by CalvinBall View Post
    1st team All-ACC All Freshman team isn't any good? what standard are we holding our freshmen to these days?
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Quote Originally Posted by CalvinBall View Post
    All-ACC Freshman is pretty good.