Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,339

    Class of 6 so far...

    The latest being a standout from Australia. Hannah Young.

    http://www.hokiesports.com/wbasketba...120503aaa.html

    So far:
    Hannah Young
    Alex Kiss-Rusk
    Alexis Lloyd
    Lauren Evans
    Taijah Campbell
    Uju Ugoka

    Evans, Lloyd, and Ugoka...would all be classified as 4 stars.

    Wolfe is trying to rebuild this team in a hurry!!!

  2. #2
    OakHillHokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24, 1999
    Posts
    11,469
    DW doesn't just walk down the hall to find his players, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Root4tech View Post
    The latest being a standout from Australia. Hannah Young.

    http://www.hokiesports.com/wbasketba...120503aaa.html

    So far:
    Hannah Young
    Alex Kiss-Rusk
    Alexis Lloyd
    Lauren Evans
    Taijah Campbell
    Uju Ugoka

    Evans, Lloyd, and Ugoka...would all be classified as 4 stars.

    Wolfe is trying to rebuild this team in a hurry!!!

  3. #3
    HOaKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Posts
    1,193
    I am very impressed with Wolff's recruiting efforts. Definitely focused!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    November 08, 1999
    Posts
    8,752
    Quote Originally Posted by HOaKIE View Post
    I am very impressed with Wolff's recruiting efforts. Definitely focused!

    It is impressive,but I would like to see more Virginia and other mid/atlantic girls. Hopefully that is coming.
    Last edited by GFallsFan; Fri May 04 2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: quoted wrong

  5. #5
    Hokies23's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2004
    Location
    Oakton, VA
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by GFallsFan View Post
    It is impressive,but I would like to see more Virginia and other mid/atlantic girls. Hopefully that is coming.
    I'd rather they get the best ladies they can. No matter where they are from. Do UConn or Tennessee have local women on their teams? Sure, but they don't have a quota...the quota resides in their talent level. And based on this class, I'd say DW feels the same way. Kudos to that.

  6. #6
    DGHOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 08, 1999
    Posts
    17,020
    win games and maintain some coaching stability and we'll get more "native" girls......

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by GFallsFan View Post
    It is impressive,but I would like to see more Virginia and other mid/atlantic girls. Hopefully that is coming.
    Just get the players, no matter where they come from. For some reason, VT (previous regime) did not do much in Virginia. There seemed to be some bias in the past.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    October 14, 1999
    Posts
    805
    .....this!......+5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •