Jasmin Harrell through a 5-inning perfect game the other day

against Liberty. Tech won 9-0. I think they have an 8-run deficit rule after 5 innings.

Make that threw.
    Last edited by dallasvt; Thu May 03 2012 at 01:51 PM.

She threw/pitched a 5-inning perfect game.

Quote Originally Posted by dallasvt View Post
    She threw/pitched a 5-inning perfect game.
    Sweet.

Speaking of pitching a perfect game, I think Angela's perfect game against the US national team remains the most impressive thing VT athletics has ever done. Let's hope Harrell can fill her shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Telionis View Post
    Sweet.

Speaking of pitching a perfect game, I think Angela's perfect game against the US national team remains the most impressive thing VT athletics has ever done. Let's hope Harrell can fill her shoes.
    I thought Tincher pitched a no-hitter against them but not a perfect game. Regardless, it was pretty remarkable. Tech beat them 1-0, and they had won well over a hundred straight pre-olympic exhibition games. I think it was their first loss to a college team also.

Harrell seems to be Tech's best pitcher (not in Tincher's league, but Tech may never have another one like her). In the second game against Liberty, Tech went with someone else. Liberty scored some runs, and Harrell came back in pretty quickly.

Thought she walked one of 'em. Guessing that's the all-time best single day/game performance of any VT athlete so far. Think it might be the only VT game on my DVR and I don't really even like softball but I'll watch that every 6-8mo. Truly unreal performance.

Still can't believe the size difference compared to the amazons she was facing (think she was a good head shorter than the other US pitchers)
    Last edited by gern; Sat May 05 2012 at 02:58 AM. Reason: linked instead of pictured : /

Quote Originally Posted by gern View Post
    Thought she walked one of 'em.
    She did, indeed, record a walk, but if you watched the game, she should have had a strikeout on the 2-2 pitch to that batter.