Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Keatts is less experienced than I'd want, but shows promise, especially with local ties. McKilop is too old..... another Bill Foster..... 2 or 3 and gone to the rocking chair

I'm predicting that's the story in the end. Coming full circle
    Quote Originally Posted by 501 View Post
    So JW has/had no one. Figures. Just get it over with & give it to JJ if he'll take it.
    GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion about possible hires is Interesting. But Shouldn't we wait to see who gets hired before we start bitching at Weaver about who he hired?

How could you possibly know that? Maybe it's possible that all of these internet rumors making the rounds never had much basis in fact?

DeChellis was no good either. Seth was Weaver's FOURTH choice at best and did a good job here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiestud View Post
    How could you possibly know that? Maybe it's possible that all of these internet rumors making the rounds never had much basis in fact?

Hope you're right. But we're 6 days in and getting a couple of new names almost every day. I think it's pretty clear at least some of these guys were contacted. And if Weaver had someone in mind at the beginning it would have been official by now IMO.

McKillop- are we trying to hire a guy Steger and Weaver would be comfortable having over the house for dinner or a guy who has the energy and cathce to take VT hoops to a new level? He'd make perfect sense if we were coming off probation. But we don't need a Bil foster light hire at this time.
    Last edited by Vippie1; Sun Apr 29 2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by rockford View Post
    Weaver is such a buttwipe. He LUCKED into hiring Seth. Jeff Lebo sucked wherever he went. Dennis Wolf in now coach OUR women's team, and now this guys cans Seth, who just landed a "Kentucky-quality" big man at VT for the first time in 20 years and this clown didn't have a clue about who the replacement would be. You've GOT to have a better idea for what your next step is before you take this type of action. This is complete dog crap!
    Yeah, looks like Weaver lucked out with fans like you. Personal attacks? Really?

Hard to tell the exact pecking order, but Seth was one of at least 5, if not 6.

Quote Originally Posted by rockford View Post
    DeChellis was no good either. Seth was Weaver's FOURTH choice at best and did a good job here.
    Lon Kruger was the top choice, but he quickly said no, and turned 'consultant' to JW on the process, from their past time at Florida, but then you had Lebo, Dechellis, Jim Baron from Rhode Island, Seth, and there was another one or two, from Murray State "type" schools that may have come to campus or been met, I just can't remember who they were. I'm sure if somebody googles deep enough they can find the mentions in some obscure article or two.

I do clearly remember that Lebo was ahead of Seth, and Penn State got Dechellis before we could, and at the time, who could blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vippie1 View Post
    McKillop- are we trying to hire a guy Steger and Weaver would be comfortable having over the house for dinner or a guy who has the energy and cathce to take VT hoops to a new level? He'd make perfect sense if we were coming off probation. But we don't need a Bil foster light hire at this time.
    The bar is lowered each day that passes without a hire. Soon the only criteria will be someone who will accept an offer and be willing to attend JW's workshops.