Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hubman View Post
    Show me where I said there would be "tons of coaches lining up to take the job" Mr. Sensationalist. The VT job is a good job, and there are obviously several quality candidates that have expressed interest. You can piss on our basketball program all you wish, because where you see a pit, I see potential..........
    Blah, blah, blah. You've way overstated how easy it was going to be to pick up great coach. Now you've backtracked to "several quality candidates." LOL.

BTW, I've never pissed on this program. I've got a hell of a lot more invested in it than you do, I'm absolutely positive of that.

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd89 View Post
    Would rather have had James Johnson if this is true. Least we would know most of our team would come back.
    LOL, "most" of our team is leaving?
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V

In other words, will Lutz get us out of obscurity...........
    No, because regardless of what you thought about it VT was anything but obscure always being on the bubble all the time.

Is an 11 seed less obscure than the bubble? Not necessarily. Better yes, but not obscure.

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd89 View Post
    Would rather have had James Johnson if this is true. Least we would know most of our team would come back.
    Would have taken on massive risk there IMO. I'm happy if it's Lutz (would have preferred Prohm but lot of risk there as well). Lutz is about as safe a choice as we could make.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Hokies View Post
    Blah, blah, blah. You've way overstated how easy it was going to be to pick up great coach. Now you've backtracked to "several quality candidates." LOL.

BTW, I've never pissed on this program. I've got a hell of a lot more invested in it than you do, I'm absolutely positive of that.
    Ooh, would you like to compare donation levels? Would that help? Lutz IS a great coach, and so were other candidates that we could have landed (or at least showed interest). If you think Seth was a "great" coach, then you should think Lutz is a future HOFer........
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by King of Hokies View Post
    But he sure as hell doesn't measure up to all your prognostications about how great the VT opportunity is and how there would be tons of coaches lining up to take the job.
    Before next season, I think we need to rank the ACC head coaches by salary, and then their staffs by combined salaries. It sounds like we're now tied with Clemson for last place (at least among the eight public ACC schools). Finishing higher than our pay would be a victory, sadly.

Money talks.

LOL, "most" of our team is leaving?
    I didn't say they were. I was stating I would feel more secure about the team. A lot of unkowns in the air right now.

Lutzzzzzzzzzzz....

Well, I was so angry when JW hired Seth that I guess boredom is an improvement. But this hardly seems the moment for a retread.

Ooh, would you like to compare donation levels? Would that help? Lutz IS a great coach, and so were other candidates that we could have landed (or at least showed interest). If you think Seth was a "great" coach, then you should think Lutz is a future HOFer........
    You obviously don't understand the meaning of "great," and I don't have the time or inclination to teach you. But you could easily look it up I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JMuff114 View Post
    Eastern Michigan's bball coach (Rob Murphy) just tweeted Bobby Lutz congratulations on getting the VT job. The tweet has since been taken down. Not sure if Lutz has accepted or not, but that's who Weaver has offered it appears
    What kind of buttnugget tweets something like that before it is public? Email the guy, but send it all over the internet before he gets a chance to even say yes? Unbelievable.

I see the great unwashed mass of the uninformed are not happy. Did the ghost of John Wooden turn us down?
    "It's a half an inch of water, and you think you're going to drown."