Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

There are people being interviewed tomorrow , I don't think it has happened Yet. He might have had his interview and this is someone commenting on that. From what I hear, it's still in the interviewing stage with JW's final choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubman View Post
    Were we out of obscurity? Do people watch the NIT?
    They watch the selection show. Will Lutz get us past that? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Hokies View Post
    Well, at least he's not a train wreck. But he sure as hell doesn't measure up to all your prognostications about how great the VT opportunity is and how there would be tons of coaches lining up to take the job.
    Show me where I said there would be "tons of coaches lining up to take the job" Mr. Sensationalist. The VT job is a good job, and there are obviously several quality candidates that have expressed interest. You can piss on our basketball program all you wish, because where you see a pit, I see potential..........
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by VTECHFAN View Post
    Greenberg was even less exciting when he was hired 9 years ago. This is a solid B hire IMO.

As to why he fell off at Charlotte, I'd be curious too. But in looking, it looked like his last couple years was a lot of close but not quite good enough.
    Sounds eerily familiar...he is essentially the same hire as Greenberg...but with a more "likeable" personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator Hokie View Post
    They watch the selection show. Will Lutz get us past that? Who knows.
    In other words, will Lutz get us out of obscurity...........

Quote Originally Posted by JMuff114 View Post
    Eastern Michigan's bball coach (Rob Murphy) just tweeted Bobby Lutz congratulations on getting the VT job. The tweet has since been taken down. Not sure if Lutz has accepted or not, but that's who Weaver has offered it appears
    If so, I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate Weaver on the hire. Lutz is about the least risky of all the realistic candidates mentioned (IMO Marshall, and especially Smart were never realistic; and like others I consider Smart to have a good deal of risk attached).

He's not a sexy hire, that's for sure. But he has a very solid resume and knows the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie Chief View Post
    Apparantly WRAL-5 (Raleigh, NC) called Lutz and asked him about it. Lutz' response: "I can't talk, sorry" When asked if the report is true, respons was "Can't talk".

Smoke? Fire?
    I believe the response was "Can't talk. I've got Jim Weaver on the other line."

Eastern Michigan's bball coach (Rob Murphy) just tweeted Bobby Lutz congratulations on getting the VT job. The tweet has since been taken down. Not sure if Lutz has accepted or not, but that's who Weaver has offered it appears
    Would rather have had James Johnson if this is true. Least we would know most of our team would come back.

CC: If I'm not mistaken, Lutz was top of your list BEFORE SG was fired

I had never heard of him until you started writing about how he should be one of our top options in the event we did let Coach go

Quote Originally Posted by VTBB View Post
    Sounds eerily familiar...he is essentially the same hire as Greenberg...but with a more "likeable" personality.
    And more NCAA Tourney appearances.........