Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokies23 View Post
    Marshall Wood has now stated he will ask for his release.
    FYI, there was a definite possibility that this was going to happen whether or not Seth had been fired. Seth being fired just made him come to a decision more quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokies23 View Post
    he's asking for it...for sure. does that mean he will not end up at VT? No. But we don't have time to mess around either.
    I'd still rather get the right coach next week or next month than the wrong coach today just to keep one unproven high school player.
    I don't always talk to UVa Grads but when I do I always order the Large Fries.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubman View Post
    I beg you, please leave the boards for three days. Take a break, see a movie, read a book, whatever.....when you get back, you will be rested and have a better perspective of things. Also, you may have more information to work off of......

We fired our coach. We will likely lose our recruits. That is what happens. Let's not turn Harrell into the next Allan Chaney (greatest player in VT history)........
    Exactly. If we're basing firing or hiring a coach on potential recruits, then we may as well go the skeezy AAU coaching route.
    "Knowledge is good"

--Emil Faber, 1904

Quote Originally Posted by hokiebob01 View Post
    I'd still rather get the right coach next week or next month than the wrong coach today just to keep one unproven high school player.
    i don't disagree that we need the right choice...but there could be the absolute possibility that what happened at Indiana will happen here. The difference being that when Indiana hired Crean and needed to play 7 walkons they could always fall back on the fact that they were Indiana when building up from scratch. We do not have that ability.

I'm also just using Woods as an example that has already been put out there that it was going to happen.

Apparently Marshall Wood has made several threats to Seth about not coming to VT recently

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coleman View Post
    FYI, there was a definite possibility that this was going to happen whether or not Seth had been fired. Seth being fired just made him come to a decision more quickly.
    I would love to hear more.....
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by Hubman View Post
    I would love to hear more.....
    Seeing that James Johnson recruited him, i'm sure his departure is the reason he started considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coleman View Post
    So was he thinking of going elsewhere BECAUSE of Seth? That wouldn't make much sense... given that he now decided for sure to ask for a release less than 24 hours after Seth was fired.

So if it wasn't Seth, AND he had already been considering going elsewhere before the firing, what were his reasons for thinking about going elsewhere?

Yes along with at least 1 current member of the team. None of the basketball staff that recruited Harrell and Wood are now at VT. Few recruits attend a school on it's basis only, it's usually because of relations built in the process. UK is now after Harrell apparently, and why not he just won MVP of the capital classic. All indicators from inside the program are that Seth had burnt his last bridge recently.

Quote Originally Posted by nc_hokie87 View Post
    So was he thinking of going elsewhere BECAUSE of Seth? That wouldn't make much sense... given that he now decided for sure to ask for a release less than 24 hours after Seth was fired.

So if it wasn't Seth, AND he had already been considering going elsewhere before the firing, what were his reasons for thinking about going elsewhere?
    No, not because of Seth. But he was thinking about prepping. That's the word out of Lynchburg.