Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

$$ for New Basketball Coach?

How much does Coach Beamer make per year. Cannot see any Basketball Coach hire making more than Coach Beamer.

Quote Originally Posted by VT81hokie View Post
    How much does Coach Beamer make per year. Cannot see any Basketball Coach hire making more than Coach Beamer.
    A little over 2 million per year guaranteed plus a couple hundred thou in bonuses and expense accounts.
    I don't always talk to UVa Grads but when I do I always order the Large Fries.

Beamer makes about 2.2 mil with large bonus for bowl games and even larger for bcs bowl games.

I believe it is close to 250k for bowl game and 500k for bcs bowl game.

Why would this matter? Don't see how Beamer would have an issue with this. Beamer-bashers can criticize his game philosophy all they want, but everyone would agree that he's a stand-up guy that wants the best for the School.

Quote Originally Posted by AXD1985 View Post
    Why would this matter? Don't see how Beamer would have an issue with this. Beamer-bashers can criticize his game philosophy all they want, but everyone would agree that he's a stand-up guy that wants the best for the School.

I agree about Beamer but Weaver, Steger and the BOV have to keep salaries in some reasonable relationship to each other. I expect that new Basketball coach's salary to be in the 1.5- 1.75 million range but that is a guess.
    I don't always talk to UVa Grads but when I do I always order the Large Fries.

Beamer made $2.345 million for the 2011 football season.

I don't get the money worries. 1. We are averaging a $6M per year profit over last 2 years. 2. Revenue will go up - way up - in coming years - more than enough to invest an incremental $2M - $3M per year in coaching salaries. 3. Pay Frank $3M and hire the hoops coach we need to win in the ACC. 4. Accept that VT isn't the poor little cousin any longer. We are one of the big boys. Act like it!

I agree that Coach Beamer has done a great deal for the school and is a stand-up guy. I think most would believe that a Basketball Coach who has done nothing for the school should make more than a long time institution who has brought great credibility to the university.

If we have to keep salaries reasonable, then don't expect a mind-blowing hire.

It's not going to happen, except from someone who wants to start out as an HC after being an assistant and doesn't mind playing for beans.

Scratch the "playing". I meant coaching. :P