Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Those are just a few of the things they like to ignore in their rush to label him as 'not one of us'. It really is incredible that they have the audacity to print it. But then, klannish sentiments seldom reside in rational thought.

TSL is based on opinions. Your opinion is that SG walks on water. My opinion is that, based on my dealings with SG, it is definitely time to part ways with VT.

TSL staff have their opinions and express them on TSL. These TSL staffers call it like they see it. The best thing about TSL - you don't have to read anyone's opinion if it upsets you so much.

Also, I had been following your your twitterings to see what new videos might be available. But I have dropped you because I don't appreciate the constant negativity you send out on things that upset you. That's a great thing about twitter also, one click and you don't have to read things that you don't want to read.

Quote Originally Posted by VTPhreak4evr View Post
    He's not family-first? Really? His kids are Virginia Tech students. I have seem him countless times at various other Virginia Tech sporting events with his family. Every encounter I have had with him has always been positive. Why does he have to kiss the football admin/coaches/etc. ass? He has his own team to worry about. No, he is not going to kiss your ass or anyone else because you want him to. No, he's not going to sugar coat stuff and give you generic coach speak. He's going to tell it like it is and pull no punches which I appreciate as it is a nice refreshing change.

The hatred & negativity of Seth Greenberg by the TSL staff over the past two years or so has been very disheartening as a Virginia Tech fan. You have finally gotten your wish and I just hope that you're happy with the end results.

It's exactly this attitude that will limit the quality of bball coach we will

attract. Expecting a head coach at the highest level of college athletics to play second fiddle to another sport won't attract the best and the brightest! Kind of like expecting Duke or UNC to attact a top notch football coach. If that is the level of coach we are searching for, we probably already had it in SG!

I've always thought of Seth as a Hokie. Sure, he didn't attend VT as an undergrad, but he has been part of the Hokie Nation. His kids graduated from VT. He's been a huge supporter of the university. Remember him buying pizzas for students standing in line to get tickets in the cold...

Seth is a Hokie. He might not have been born a Hokie, but he is a member of the Hokie Nation.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Hokies come in all shapes and sizes B'Street. We even let people in from WV.

Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonstreet View Post
    He never struck me as one of the family.
    Perhaps well intended; although a juxtaposed fit at best.

He has habitually struck me as more of an outsider to the family-first pet mantra of Virginia Tech athletics. Which has served Virginia Tech so very well in recent years indeed.

Now, that is not to say that Weaver must rush out and hire the next Fancy Gap good ole boy. However, there is a certain level of synergy inherent in putting the football cash-cow first, and in avoiding any attempts to cannibalize the same...

late-
    b-st.

It's simply amazing that Weaver talks about the "family" after blindsiding someone like that. If that us what it means to be a part of his family, that you treat others like that, then Weaver is simply not a Hokie. Unless Greenberg cussed out Weaver last week or something, there is no other way I can look at it.

I agree. However, you & I are only representing ourselves.

We are not part of the media or want to be part of the media. BSt represents TSL and so if you have a admin of TSL saying "Seth Greenberg was not a Hokie", it carries more weight than if you or I said it. And no, I do not think SG walks on water. But I do think he built the program up from a once laughing stock to a very quality team in one of the Top 3 conferences in the country. I do not think people realize what a challenge that is or was. People don't realize how hard it is recruiting basketball talent to come and play and live in Blacksburg.

Quote Originally Posted by 1980VT View Post
    TSL is based on opinions. Your opinion is that SG walks on water. My opinion is that, based on my dealings with SG, it is definitely time to part ways with VT.

TSL staff have their opinions and express them on TSL. These TSL staffers call it like they see it. The best thing about TSL - you don't have to read anyone's opinion if it upsets you so much.

Also, I had been following your your twitterings to see what new videos might be available. But I have dropped you because I don't appreciate the constant negativity you send out on things that upset you. That's a great thing about twitter also, one click and you don't have to read things that you don't want to read.

I edited the sentence in question to come off a little differently. Let know if you think it seems more accurate.

Only if they're legacies. Then they're 'one of us'.