Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

"If not for bad luck, Seth would have no luck at all."

No doubt,
    As I've written that one before.

Yah; Seth did not get a fair player personnel shake at Virginia Tech. And none of us will ever know what he would have rightfully done with a fully stacked O&M deck; as opposed to a O&M deck that was clearly stacked against.

Gotta feel for him as I bet he is exceptionally stung by this unannounced dismissal.

The best way I know how to explain it to you is thus........Seth is one of those guys you want to like up front. He is one that I did like initially. Very much so from his Jim Rome early days in the mid 1990's out Long Beach State in fact. He is also one that I went outta my way to find or invent ways to like. He however is just not an easy guy to cover. That's as honest as I can put it.

late-
    b-st.

'не говорите хороший бой

Quote Originally Posted by VTPhreak4evr View Post
    He's not family-first? Really? His kids are Virginia Tech students. I have seem him countless times at various other Virginia Tech sporting events with his family. Every encounter I have had with him has always been positive. Why does he have to kiss the football admin/coaches/etc. ass? He has his own team to worry about. No, he is not going to kiss your ass or anyone else because you want him to. No, he's not going to sugar coat stuff and give you generic coach speak. He's going to tell it like it is and pull no punches which I appreciate as it is a nice refreshing change.

The hatred & negativity of Seth Greenberg by the TSL staff over the past two years or so has been very disheartening as a Virginia Tech fan. You have finally gotten your wish and I just hope that you're happy with the end results.
    I agree jerk move by B-street

Quote Originally Posted by VTPhreak4evr View Post
    The hatred & negativity of Seth Greenberg by the TSL staff over the past two years or so
    You have got to be kidding me...
    There's a difference between a "fact" and an "opinion that you agree with."

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Oh good grief. If you define "Hokie" as excluding a Jew from New York City, then sure, he wasn't a Hokie. However, if you define "Hokie" as someone who loves and wants the best for Virginia Tech, then Coach Greenberg was an amazing Hokie. He went out of his way to reach out to the student body. He put up his own money to buy NIT tickets. Paige (@pgberg) is a Virginia Tech alum and said this after her father was fired: "i will always be a graduate of VT & always cherish my time in bburg, hokie nation has been so supportive..". Get a grip - Coach Greenberg was a wonderful Hokie. I don't especially mind the decision, but we don't have to start treating Coach Greenberg as an unperson.
    Well said, BigDave.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep...and miles to go before I sleep" -- Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by vt cutter View Post
    I agree jerk move by B-street
    I also agree 100%. And I don't like what he was implying either.

Oh, so you're going with the klannish - 'Know your place, BOY, and stick to it...' theory? Just as I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonstreet View Post
    He never struck me as one of the family.
    Perhaps well intended; although a juxtaposed fit at best.

He has habitually struck me as more of an outsider to the family-first pet mantra of Virginia Tech athletics. Which has served Virginia Tech so very well in recent years indeed.

Now, that is not to say that Weaver must rush out and hire the next Fancy Gap good ole boy. However, there is a certain level of synergy inherent in putting the football cash-cow first, and in avoiding any attempts to cannibalize the same...

late-
    b-st.

Some people on TSL take themselves too seriously and this mindless drivel is evidence of it. Please oh please let us know who you think is worthy of being accepted into the family. We're waiting on pins and needles.

Quote Originally Posted by Groff View Post
    You have got to be kidding me...
    I agree w phreak, I'm realizing more and more that the vt AD and TSL
    are quite parochial in viewpoint. Greenberg made VT a team that received some national attention, which was a huge improvement, yet we get complaining her me that he isn't hokiehaven enough or a family guy. The guy worked his ass off for VT and sent his children to school at VT, I'd say he did more for VT than most, if not all, of us.

Oh, they'll get what they deserve, to be sure. Te problem is that we will also get what 'they' deserve, which is unfortunate. To them, it's internet chatter, to us it is money invested in a sports program wasted.

I'm a hillbilly, but I think Seth is awesome. It was obvious he loved VT and was passionate about his job. I used to work on a trading floor and there would be a lot of intensity and a lot of people who were good friends would go at it sometimes. I think Jim Weaver has a small-town sheriff complex and needs to get his ass kicked. Especially if the circumstances were specifically orchestrated to slap Seth, like B-Street suggests. VT culture is one of gritty, hard-working and passionate people. Seth gets an A+ from me on all those criteria. Let's hope buttface doesn't mangle the new hire, but I'm not too optimistic.