Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

"Seth Greenberg was not a Hokie" per Boubonstreet, the Sage of Jaminson

err....make that Jamerson ....but you get the idea... sorry he didnt play well with the football assistants. and by the way who gives you the sole right to determine who is a hokie and who isn't- that is pure parochial BS...you don't own the club pal
    Last edited by Vippie1; Mon Apr 23 2012 at 08:25 PM.

Lightbulb Yup.

He never struck me as one of the family.
    Perhaps well intended; although a juxtaposed fit at best.

He has habitually struck me as more of an outsider to the family-first pet mantra of Virginia Tech athletics. Which has served Virginia Tech so very well in recent years indeed.

Now, that is not to say that Weaver must rush out and hire the next Fancy Gap good ole boy. However, there is a certain level of synergy inherent in putting the football cash-cow first, and in avoiding any attempts to cannibalize the same...

late-
    b-st.

'не говорите хороший бой

Im with ya bstreet (ducks head)

i wish i could understand your drivel but I cant

Well, this is a sensitive and highly oddball case. As when was.........

the last time that VT fired a revenue sport head coach and did not bother to tell them and let them twist in the morning wind?

I can not nominate another occasion such as this?
    (can any of you)

Hence, some wires are frayed and some orange and maroon wires are hot indeed.

Accordingly, I get that this will be a edgy few days of venting either way here on TSL.com.

out-
    b-st.

'не говорите хороший бой

Your crazy! How many times have you heard him speak about hokies? Have you ever been in the locker room with him? We have been on some crazy emotional roller coaster rides with bubbles bursting and injuries and more and I have never heard him complain about it, just went on working hard recruiting. Name another person who could have made it through those roller coasters and came out with a team fully capable of winning the ACC next year. He he wasn't a good ole boy and some good ole boy with 1.5 million got him canned. He deserved to another year. I say he was more of a hokie than you, me and most others on this board. Thank you Coach, you will always be a hokie!

I don't get what you mean. Unless you are literally referring to the fact that Seth did not graduate from Tech, I don't know what you mean that he "was not a Hokie". And if that is your criteria for a head coach here, then I don't think you have too many options you'd be pleased with (unless you're part of the "Hire Dell!" group).

Seth put a ton into this program. And he made VT basketball interesting, if not also relevant, again. From my outsider's viewpoint, we are going to have a very tough time finding somebody that can do what Seth has done. Inconsistency on the court is the biggest criticism of Seth at his time here, but I will gladly take a team that has high highs and low lows that I can invest in because the coach is invested compared to a team that has consistent but mediocre results year in and year out with a forgettable coach. Please promise me that you'll find me and smack me if I am still watching every game if we are having results similar to Boston College.

If Weaver has a legitimate plan, and has a very good idea of the person he is going to hire in the coming days, then perhaps this is a move in the right direction. But if this is some sort of fly off the handle decision based on thoughts like "Seth is not a true Hokie", well, I just can't support that thinking. And if that is the case, I would much rather have Seth guiding basketball than Weaver guiding athletics. Time will tell, though...

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonstreet View Post

He has habitually struck me as more of an outsider to the family-first pet mantra of Virginia Tech athletics. Which has served Virginia Tech so very well in recent years indeed.

Now, that is not to say that Weaver must rush out and hire the next Fancy Gap good ole boy. However, there is a certain level of synergy inherent in putting the football cash-cow first, and in avoiding any attempts to cannibalize the same...

late-
    b-st.

late-
    b-st.

Wow.

He's not family-first? Really? His kids are Virginia Tech students. I have seem him countless times at various other Virginia Tech sporting events with his family. Every encounter I have had with him has always been positive. Why does he have to kiss the football admin/coaches/etc. ass? He has his own team to worry about. No, he is not going to kiss your ass or anyone else because you want him to. No, he's not going to sugar coat stuff and give you generic coach speak. He's going to tell it like it is and pull no punches which I appreciate as it is a nice refreshing change.

The hatred & negativity of Seth Greenberg by the TSL staff over the past two years or so has been very disheartening as a Virginia Tech fan. You have finally gotten your wish and I just hope that you're happy with the end results.

Oh good grief. If you define "Hokie" as excluding a Jew from New York City, then sure, he wasn't a Hokie. However, if you define "Hokie" as someone who loves and wants the best for Virginia Tech, then Coach Greenberg was an amazing Hokie. He went out of his way to reach out to the student body. He put up his own money to buy NIT tickets. Paige (@pgberg) is a Virginia Tech alum and said this after her father was fired: "i will always be a graduate of VT & always cherish my time in bburg, hokie nation has been so supportive..". Get a grip - Coach Greenberg was a wonderful Hokie. I don't especially mind the decision, but we don't have to start treating Coach Greenberg as an unperson.

late-
    b-st.

----------------

Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days.

--Ephesians 5:16