Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910
    Quote Originally Posted by great2bahokie View Post
    Link, please...?
    http://www.shulasrichmond.com/
    Absolutely, Positively Topic View!

Important Lounge information - click here!

Quote Originally Posted by CalvinBall View Post
    But if they did make the hire, I don't think they would have a problem raising the money.
    Ding Ding....
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V

time to raise those student athletic fees, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    Exactly.

I would be in favor of VT paying Shaka up to $2 million to come here, but if VT ponies up $2.5 or $3.0 million, then they'll have to give Frank a raise, too.
    I think that could cause some problems though, Frank is only getting a raise because we want to pay our basketball coach more than the coach we have had for 25 years. Seems like a sticky situation. If Beamer was worth $3MM he should have been making that already.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubman View Post
    Ding Ding....
    Right? Hey donor, we hired one of the hottest coaches in college basketball. At one point he turned down Illinois and Maryland. But now he is ours.

Donor hands over millions.

I don't believe you - but I'd love to eat some crow on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by vcuinsider View Post
    I can confirm that Shaka Smart WILL be meeting with VT tonight in hopes of working out a deal to become the next bball coach at Tech. He's looking for payment in the range of 2.5 to 3 million a year for 4 or 5 years. VT is on Smart's short list of schools he'd consider leaving VCU for. The others being UCLA,Arizona State, Uconn, and Kentucky.

More on this as I get it.
    You'd have to be insider at VCU and VT to know this and why anyone who IS an insider would be reporting this on our board already makes no sense

well we are not going to pay a basketball coach 2.5 or 3 million

I can confirm that Shaka Smart WILL be meeting with VT tonight in hopes of working out a deal to become the next bball coach at Tech. He's looking for payment in the range of 2.5 to 3 million a year for 4 or 5 years. VT is on Smart's short list of schools he'd consider leaving VCU for. The others being UCLA,Arizona State, Uconn, and Kentucky.

If true, no way VT pays a basketball coach more than Beamer. Whoever they hire will be capped below Beamer's salary so if Shaka wants $2.5million, he will have to look elsewhere.

9 posts...Joined today. No offense but won't believe it til I see it.