Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tailgate Parking Question: Which is better, Lot 1 or Lot 2?

I'm mainly interested in tailgate scene, and ease of entering/exiting the lot on gameday.

I vote Lot 2 on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by BazHokie View Post
    I'm mainly interested in tailgate scene, and ease of entering/exiting the lot on gameday.
    Lot 1 is a little tight, IMO.
    "Knowledge is good"

--Emil Faber, 1904

Depends if you're land locked, or on the border with grass and some space. A single spot in the middle of a paved lot is gonna suck in either case.
    Where in the world is PhotoHokieNC?

I would definitely vote lot 2 for both criteria you mentioned. However, how easy it is to get in and out of each of those lots depends on where you are located in the lot.

If the Tailgate scene is your main concern, entering and exiting the lot should not be an issue.
    If you are tailgating, you would be in the lot prior and post traffic congestion.

If you are interested in the tailgating scene, avoid both lots at all costs. A lot of those alums expect to be able to arrive 20 minutes before kickoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore Hokie View Post
    If you are interested in the tailgating scene, avoid both lots at all costs. A lot of those alums expect to be able to arrive 20 minutes before kickoff.
    Agreed, I'm not a huge fan of other lot. I don't think either lot has a big advantage over the other. But if it were me, I'd be willing to jump back a few lots just so I could get a corner spot on the grass.

Good feedback. I take it you guys are Lot 5 fans?

We have always chosen Lot 5 over Lot 1 and 2 (Lot 4 in 2003/4 and is my overall favorite).