Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hokies are in 4-way tie for 8th in win column in ACC play...

if UVA beats Wake tomorrow night: VT, Wake, Duke, Maryland will all be 5-10 in conf. play. We'll need to win series vs. UMD and Wake. The Duke series really was a bummer, but we'll have to continue to battle back from it.
    A series win this weekend at home over Miami would be HUGE!

I don't think even some Hokie fans realize that this team is actually pretty good in a VERY deep and talented conference. The ACC currently has 7 teams in the top 30 of the RPI and even the Hokies are in the top 50 at #46. Actually, Duke and BC are the only two ACC teams outside the RPI top 50

When you're 17-2 in non-conference games and 5-10 in conference, that says something about the strength of the league. (Maryland is also 17-3 non-conf. and 5-10 in ACC play)
    Last edited by hokiepro; Sun Apr 08 2012 at 10:09 PM.

so we still have a chance to make the ACC tournament

Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post
    if UVA beats Wake tomorrow night: VT, Wake, Duke, Maryland will all be 5-10 in conf. play. We'll need to win series vs. UMD and Wake. The Duke series really was a bummer, but we'll have to continue to battle back from it.

I don't think even some Hokie fans realize that this team is actually pretty good in a VERY deep and talented conference. The ACC currently has 7 teams in the top 30 of the RPI and even the Hokies are in the top 50 at #46. Actually, Duke and BC are the only two ACC teams outside the RPI top 50

When you're 17-2 in non-conference games and 5-10 in conference, that says something about the strength of the league. (Maryland is also 17-3 non-conf. and 5-10 in ACC play)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post

It would help if VT were to sweep one of Maryland or Wake. Plus, steal a series from Miami, NC State or UNC. I agree this VT team is not bad but they can't afford anymore on the injury front.

I will ask you again, 17-2 other than Coastal Carolina, who have we beaten worth a crap OOC. The 2 biggest names on the sched. WVU/Iowa are a combined 21-33. The best team OOC who beat them is GMU who is 22-8, and the best team they played was NCSU and lost.

Were suppose to win series vs, BC, MD, WF, and yes even Duke, stealing one vs U, NCSU & UNC, Wolf pack maybe, don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by 48tnhokie View Post
    I will ask you again, 17-2 other than Coastal Carolina, who have we beaten worth a crap OOC. The 2 biggest names on the sched. WVU/Iowa are a combined 21-33. The best team OOC who beat them is GMU who is 22-8, and the best team they played was NCSU and lost.

Were suppose to win series vs, BC, MD, WF, and yes even Duke, stealing one vs U, NCSU & UNC, Wolf pack maybe, don't see it happening.
    Probably Cornell. Seriously, looks they will win the Ivy. Yeah, the OCC schedule is not that great.

Kennesaw, High Point, Radford all top 100 RPI wins. Still play Coastal, Radford, and

Liberty, which are possible top 50-100 wins again. All remaining conference games against current Top 30 Rpi, including Maryland and Wake. Just make the conference tourney and we can be in good shape.

projected NCAA tourney field before we swept BC shows us in; supposedly based on rpi, so ooc scheudle must be better than it looks at first glance
    http://www.collegebaseballdaily.com/...ns-march-29th/

I'll have some of what there smoking

Quote Originally Posted by 48tnhokie View Post
    I'll have some of what there smoking
    I think we are long shot too but we play in the ACC so that gives us a chance.

Are you basing your view on the way Tech played vs Duke or the way Tech played vs UVA or BC?