Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by reece4vt View Post
    as opposed to 4 out of 5 years for equal money and better recruiting grounds in Richmond?
    And where do you get 4 out of 5 years from? Smart has taken them 2 years. 1st year eeked in with an at-large bid that most didn't believe they deserved. 2nd year got in by winning CAA tourney and would not have received an at-large without doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by 133743Hokie View Post
    1st year eeked in with an at-large bid that most didn't believe they deserved.
    If they didn't deserve that at-large bid, then we certainly didn't. Our resumes were practically identical.
    There's a difference between a "fact" and an "opinion that you agree with."

Quote Originally Posted by Groff View Post
    If they didn't deserve that at-large bid, then we certainly didn't. Our resumes were practically identical.
    Identical resumes, yet VCU is allowed in and we aren't. That makes sense. Im not sure where on VCU's resume they had a win against the #1 team.... but whatever

Quote Originally Posted by nc_hokie87 View Post
    Identical resumes, yet VCU is allowed in and we aren't. That makes sense. Im not sure where on VCU's resume they had a win against the #1 team.... but whatever
    Oh Lord can we not have this conversation for the infinitieth time......
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V

"Practically" identical. The qualifier was used for a reason. They clearly weren't identical since they got in and we didn't.

Which only further makes the point - If they didn't deserve to get in, we sure as heck didn't.

I know, I know...it's actually an anti-VT conspiracy or whatever.
    No it isn't
    Yes it is
    That's silly
    It's not actually a conspiracy but rather a bunch of other words that mean "conspiracy."
    You're still saying Conspiracy
    No I'm Not
    Yes You are
    You just hate Seth
    No I don't
    Yes you do
    Whatever I give up
    Me Too

There, I just saved us all 12 hours worth of posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Groff View Post
    "Practically" identical. The qualifier was used for a reason. They clearly weren't identical since they got in and we didn't.

Which only further makes the point - If they didn't deserve to get in, we sure as heck didn't.

I know, I know...it's actually an anti-VT conspiracy or whatever.
    No it isn't
    Yes it is
    That's silly
    It's not actually a conspiracy but rather a bunch of other words that mean "conspiracy."
    You're still saying Conspiracy
    No I'm Not
    Yes You are
    You just hate Seth
    No I don't
    Yes you do
    Whatever I give up
    Me Too

There, I just saved us all 12 hours worth of posts.
    Yep, you and your argument are perfect, I know. VT never deserves to make the tournament because groff says so. The national media, analysts, and bracketology experts who said we deserved to make it were all wrong.... but no debate is necessary because king groff says otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by moonda View Post
    Talk about a slam dunk hire. Shaka knows VA and can recruit the 757. He would have VT in the tourney 3 out of 5 years.
    Why would he leave VCU for VT?
    <signature redacted due to UWS' pending shutdown and not wanting to violate TOS>

Quote Originally Posted by IAHokie07 View Post
    Yes, they have three more NCAA tournament appearances than us, are in a more fertile recruiting ground, are situated in a more urban environment, and have one more final four appearance. Therefore, they must be head and shoulders ahead of us. We can't match their tradition and urban environment so why try?
    Haha...nice.
    "Knowledge is good"

--Emil Faber, 1904

Yep, you and your argument are perfect, I know. VT never deserves to make the tournament because groff says so. The national media, analysts, and bracketology experts who said we deserved to make it were all wrong.... but no debate is necessary because king groff says otherwise

We've had the "debate" a billion times and the actual facts never actually back up anything you say. I have no interest in having it again. That's why I saved us all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by reece4vt View Post
    as opposed to 4 out of 5 years for equal money and better recruiting grounds in Richmond?
    How the heck do we get kids from the same recruiting grounds to come play football at VT? It baffles me.
    "Knowledge is good"

--Emil Faber, 1904