Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Posts
    4,563

    We lose 2-1 Good pitching on our part

    Just no hitting

  2. #2

    Join Date
    December 30, 2005
    Posts
    59

    Striking out

    [QUOTE=48tnhokie;270670]Just no hitting[/QUOTEout we have to make more contact. A third of our outs/game are strikeouts.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    January 30, 2001
    Posts
    3,834
    Well, at least we made the Top 10 plays on Sportscenter.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    January 08, 2002
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    16,927
    Quote Originally Posted by 48tnhokie View Post
    Just no hitting
    Again I don't get what Hughes sees in Aizenstadt...4 runs in 1st inning with 3 walks does not make me think "ACC weekend starter"
    Brooms are out and we're the dirt for the 2nd straight weekend

  5. #5

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Posts
    4,350
    Quote Originally Posted by VT_Consul View Post
    Well, at least we made the Top 10 plays on Sportscenter.
    How so?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    January 30, 2001
    Posts
    3,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Hokie View Post
    How so?
    Watching Sportscenter this morning, one of the Top 10 plays was our shortstop fielding a deep grounder - he ranged way out into the grass - and making the throw to first for the out. It was in the middle somewhere, #4-7 somewhere in there.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Posts
    4,350
    Quote Originally Posted by VT_Consul View Post
    Watching Sportscenter this morning, one of the Top 10 plays was our shortstop fielding a deep grounder - he ranged way out into the grass - and making the throw to first for the out. It was in the middle somewhere, #4-7 somewhere in there.
    Thanks

  8. #8

    Join Date
    November 21, 2008
    Posts
    5,086
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post
    Again I don't get what Hughes sees in Aizenstadt...4 runs in 1st inning with 3 walks does not make me think "ACC weekend starter"
    Brooms are out and we're the dirt for the 2nd straight weekend
    He had to try something, Scoggin wasn't getting it done either.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Posts
    4,749
    SS Morales might be the only MLB prospect on the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT_Consul View Post
    Watching Sportscenter this morning, one of the Top 10 plays was our shortstop fielding a deep grounder - he ranged way out into the grass - and making the throw to first for the out. It was in the middle somewhere, #4-7 somewhere in there.
    Born and bred a Hokie

  10. #10

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Posts
    770
    Hughes travels the globe to find average talent. He could compete more here in VA and the Carolinas but he doesnt have the stones. There are some top notch programs, Canes, Dirt Bags, Richmond Braves programs that never lay eyes on the man.Coastal and East Carolina are doing a much better job on the recruiting front than the Hokies. Shame.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •