Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    I will admit I have mixed emotions about it, but I don't have mixed emotions that the cost of living stipend is where the top tier is headed.
    A lot of opposition to that...and if it happens I am out too.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    I put together what could be the four 16 team BCS conferences. I keep reading that there will eventually be just 4 superconferences. I also read about the individual conferences being divided into 4 pods. I see numerous problems with just 64 schools and the pod setup. If schools like Boise State, TCU, Baylor, Cincinnati, and USF get left out, you can expect some nice lawsuits against the BCS. I can see their state and federal political leaders getting involved. I'm sure that the issue will be taken up in Congress. Things will get very ugly.

I also can't see the Big 10 adding a school like Kansas State or Iowa State just to get to 16. Would the SEC add WVU and Louisville? What you would most likely have are the 4 conferences involved trying to take schools from each other's conferences. IMHO, after the Big East and Big 12 desirables have been picked through, the ACC would be the conference that the SEC and Big 10 would be picking from to get to 16.

Then you have the pod setup. Dividing each conference into four 4 team pods would most likely cause the further loss of more annual traditional rivarlries. Plus it would likely create unequal pods in terms of competition. An all ACC North Carolina pod would be weak compared to a very strong Southern pod (Clemson, FSU, GT, Miami). There would be traditionally weak and strong pods in most of the 4 BCS conferences. I don't think that would go over well with schools playing in a pod loaded with traditionally competitvie teams.

At this point, I can't see a 64 team BCS super conference. There appears to be too many problems with it. Below is an EXAMPLE of what the four 16 team BCS conferences could look like.

Tear it apart and make your own revisions!
    It is getting closer every day. What with FCS schools moving up to FBS schools, the BCS schools are going to say "enough is enough" and split off.

Is the four team playoff becoming enticing to the FCS teams? Like basketball, the four team playoff will mushroom.
    "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    I put together what could be the four 16 team BCS conferences. I keep reading that there will eventually be just 4 superconferences. I also read about the individual conferences being divided into 4 pods. I see numerous problems with just 64 schools and the pod setup. If schools like Boise State, TCU, Baylor, Cincinnati, and USF get left out, you can expect some nice lawsuits against the BCS. I can see their state and federal political leaders getting involved. I'm sure that the issue will be taken up in Congress. Things will get very ugly.

I also can't see the Big 10 adding a school like Kansas State or Iowa State just to get to 16. Would the SEC add WVU and Louisville? What you would most likely have are the 4 conferences involved trying to take schools from each other's conferences. IMHO, after the Big East and Big 12 desirables have been picked through, the ACC would be the conference that the SEC and Big 10 would be picking from to get to 16.

Then you have the pod setup. Dividing each conference into four 4 team pods would most likely cause the further loss of more annual traditional rivarlries. Plus it would likely create unequal pods in terms of competition. An all ACC North Carolina pod would be weak compared to a very strong Southern pod (Clemson, FSU, GT, Miami). There would be traditionally weak and strong pods in most of the 4 BCS conferences. I don't think that would go over well with schools playing in a pod loaded with traditionally competitvie teams.

At this point, I can't see a 64 team BCS super conference. There appears to be too many problems with it. Below is an EXAMPLE of what the four 16 team BCS conferences could look like.

Tear it apart and make your own revisions!
    I think not. There will be play-in games to get to 4 team playoff.