Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

So who's not telling the truth a TSL "guru" or Seth Greenberg

"Virginia Tech head coach Seth Greenberg denied interest in the SMU coaching job today, one day after CBS 6 tweeted about his interest in the position"

So what's the narrative some will push now - that our desperate Coach who has so worn out his welcome in blacksburg by begging his neighbor to get him into a process and then couldnt even get to first base which shows what a big L he is blah blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Vippie1 View Post
    "Virginia Tech head coach Seth Greenberg denied interest in the SMU coaching job today, one day after CBS 6 tweeted about his interest in the position"

So what's the narrative some will push now - that our desperate Coach who has so worn out his welcome in blacksburg by begging his neighbor to get him into a process and then couldnt even get to first base which shows what a big L he is blah blah blah.
    252849242_373d779ccd.jpg
    [B][I]I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car![/I][/B]

Banned
    Did he deny interest or deny speaking with SMU? (or both?). I would want to see the exact quote he made. Either way, I don't think Seth would ever lie to the media. But, he may be very careful about choosing his words.

Neither has to be lying. On Jim Rome today Seth said he was not contacted by SMU and that he was not going anywhere. That doesn't mean:

he wasn't interested in the SMU job
    He did not speak to Dave Braine (not an SMU employee)
    his agent didn't reach out to SMU

I have no idea which is true, but these guys know how to phrase denials.

I'll go with SG.

Anytime someone mentions your name for a HC job, sure you're interested. You're always going to be interested in having your name mentioned for a HC job. It makes you look good. When no one is mentioning your name, that's when you have problems. Do I think he was truly interested in the job as in "I want to be the new coach of SMU"? No chance. Not gonna happen and never was gonna happen.

According to the RT, Greenberg said that he hadn't been contacted by, nor his agent, anyone at SMU or any representative for SMU. That slams a whole lot of doors shut on the possible contact. I'm sure there's some loophole there for folks looking hard enough, but it sounds like just another internet rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by crooked road View Post
    According to the RT, Greenberg said that he hadn't been contacted by, nor his agent, anyone at SMU or any representative for SMU. That slams a whole lot of doors shut on the possible contact. I'm sure there's some loophole there for folks looking hard enough, but it sounds like just another internet rumor.
    This. It was all a bunch of rumors. He was never interested and I doubt they were ever interested in him

Quote Originally Posted by savior23 View Post
    This. It was all a bunch of rumors. He was never interested and I doubt they were ever interested in him
    That's my take. The internet can be a rats nest of unsubstantiated rumors started by who knows who.

Quote Originally Posted by VTPhreak4evr View Post
    Anytime someone mentions your name for a HC job, sure you're interested. You're always going to be interested in having your name mentioned for a HC job. It makes you look good. When no one is mentioning your name, that's when you have problems. Do I think he was truly interested in the job as in "I want to be the new coach of SMU"? No chance. Not gonna happen and never was gonna happen.
    Here's my point -someone - and not just anyone but someone who presents himself as an insider- states not as an opinion but more as a fact becasue of some special information he has- that Seth Greenberg (and i am paraphrasing here because I can no longer find the post) is very interested in the SMU job much more that SMU is interested in him, is in my opinion acting irresponsively. Careers and livilihood are at stake. If he knows something- which I truly doubt he should keep his mouth shut. imagine Rev Zeke posting something like that- not gonna happen. he's a true insider. not a friend of the copy boy at Jamison

Here's my point -someone - and not just anyone but someone who presents himself as an insider- states not as an opinion but more as a fact becasue of some special information he has- that Seth Greenberg (and i am paraphrasing here because I can no longer find the post) is very interested in the SMU job much more that SMU is interested in him, is in my opinion acting irresponsively. Careers and livilihood are at stake. If he knows something- which I truly doubt he should keep his mouth shut. imagine Rev Zeke posting something like that- not gonna happen. he's a true insider. not a friend of the copy boy at Jamison
    He said he heard it from a legitimate source. I don't understand your point...this is the very perspective that 'insiders' provide on the board. Are you suggesting that he has an axe to grind and is shaping the debate? If so, perhaps you are the one reaching without facts or information.