Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tebow to the Jets -- I feel sorry for the kid.

So much for the Broncos saying they would find him the best fit.

No kidding, that is the worst place for him to go. Besides playing for Rex Ryan, he'll be in the middle of a locker room full of guys who don't care if they play or win. The media will be relentless, too.

I say he lasts two seasons before he is gone, possibly out of the NFL. Elway did him no favors.

Quote Originally Posted by crooked road View Post
    No kidding, that is the worst place for him to go. Besides playing for Rex Ryan, he'll be in the middle of a locker room full of guys who don't care if they play or win. The media will be relentless, too.

I say he lasts two seasons before he is gone, possibly out of the NFL. Elway did him no favors.
    He had already expressed his desire to go back South too.

Quote Originally Posted by crooked road View Post

Yeah Antonio Cromartie already said he didnt like it.. Of course thats cause Tebow might let him know that he might be taking "be fruitful and multiply " to the extreme.. yeah i stole the line from Dan Florio, but it is funny.

Glad to see him there and not in Jax. Tebow would have loved being here but it would not have been a good move for our team, regardless of the energy from our Gator-Jag fans. Gabbert has better skills to be developed into a franchise QB and with TT, we would have had to install a college style offense to make good use of his skills. Great kid, strong character, however not a long term solution to get our Jags to the next level. Not sure it will be a good fit for the Jets as their locker room is a disaster and bringing him in will only add to the limelight they will be under. Like I said, better their issues than ours.......

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSmokieHokie View Post
    So much for the Broncos saying they would find him the best fit.
    The great one, john elway, didn't like Tebow, and wanted him out of Denver. The great one was going to deal Tebow to the 1st team that met elway's asking price.

He's banking an NFL paycheck based on questionable pro talent. He's a grown man who built his resume based largely on the talent around him at Florida, admittedly hard work, and character. I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for a kid who has gotten opportunities based at least in part on hype. I think that if Tebow had gone to college at Rutgers, SMU, or somewhere else with little talent and exposure, he'd never have been drafted.

So, why feel sorry for a kid on a pro roster in the Big Apple? He's living the good life imo.

ah oh.....may have to eat these words.....I am not liking what I am hearing this hour....Jags back in it. GO JETS!

NFL is a next game league..... Tebow has shown up and balled. Guy abused the freaking Steelers in the playoffs and still can't get any respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawhokie View Post
    He's banking an NFL paycheck based on questionable pro talent. He's a grown man who built his resume based largely on the talent around him at Florida, admittedly hard work, and character. I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for a kid who has gotten opportunities based at least in part on hype. I think that if Tebow had gone to college at Rutgers, SMU, or somewhere else with little talent and exposure, he'd never have been drafted.

So, why feel sorry for a kid on a pro roster in the Big Apple? He's living the good life imo.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

-- C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Atlee Hokie View Post
    The great one, john elway, didn't like Tebow, and wanted him out of Denver. The great one was going to deal Tebow to the 1st team that met elway's asking price.
    Not that I wish anything ill of Peyton (who I like), but would love him to retire from football one game into next season. I loathe Elway, and that feeling goes back to when he refused to play for the Colts coming out of college. Eddie isn't there, so Denver can go screw themselves!
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne