Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Seth Greenberg is really good on the Sports Center Live program-

perhaps this is his calling

Quote Originally Posted by hokiewasp View Post
    Say what you want about him but the man is smart. I guess it can be debated weather he gets his point across to his players, has bad luck, or both. It sure sounds like he knows offense when you listen to him.

Seth Greenberg is really good on the Sports Center Live program-
    Yep, he has been auditioning for awhile now, and I have no doubt that, if offered, he'd take the job.

I'm not up on the latest recruiting rules, but if possible, he should have been in a top 50 recruit's home tonight having a face-to-face with the parents, rather than auditioning for his next job.

Quote Originally Posted by VPI63 View Post
    Yep, he has been auditioning for awhile now, and I have no doubt that, if offered, he'd take the job.

I'm not up on the latest recruiting rules, but if possible, he should have been in a top 50 recruit's home tonight having a face-to-face with the parents, rather than auditioning for his next job.
    INSANE. I can about dang near guarantee you that calling a recruit and saying hey "watch me on Sportscenter" is better than your average in home visit. And BTW, you can't have but so many "contacts" of the inhome variety per year. Get real. You've really lost all credibility with this one. Your BS is getting old. I hope everybody sees you for what you are. You're more anti CSG than you are pro VT. Please do us a favor and just find another team to cheer for, or against as is the case here.

Come on, SG has faults but this isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    Say what you want about him but the man is smart. I guess it can be debated weather he gets his point across to his players, has bad luck, or both. It sure sounds like he knows offense when you listen to him.
    Talk the talk but can't walk the walk comes to mind.

Sure he can describe someone else's offense but he can't or won't abandon his 50 point per game philosophy. Seth-ball is winding down the clock with no intention of scoring, passing the ball way beyond the arc sometimes to halfcourt, then having one of two designated players try to create something in the last 10 seconds. Early in the Seth years I just thought we were under-manned and had a haphazard non-offense by default. 9 years into it, duh, I realize it is HIS style.

I have firmly switched to being anti-Seth for that very reason. 9 years of Sethball = ugly basketball. Others may only focus on making the Dance as their criteria for success but I would like a product on the court worth my time and money. I'm a multi-year season ticket holder that lives 3 hours from the Burg. Now that the euphoria and novelty of being in the ACC is wearing off, Seth has killed my enthusiasm for our Hokies with Sethball. Juggling my schedule, taking off work , spending 6 hours on the road to make mid-week games just isn't any fun anymore.

Seth is winning ,personally, by losing. There does seem to be something wrong with him lining his pockets while the Hokies sit at home.

I doubt he could ever make 1.4 million plus all the perks from broadcasting because he is just a seasonal basketball commentator. Were stuck with him.

He is very good. I'm sure he has a plan.

MH

He recruited all week. And yes, it's terrible, TERRIBLE, for recruits to see our coach, and by extension our program, on television. We must put a stop to this!

PS - if you reply to this, I won't respond. You have long been on my personal "ignore" list before such a thing even existed, but this particular line of criticism was so ridiculous, I had to break my self-imposed rule. Now, back to your regularly scheduled hating.

Maybe Seth has finally found his niche. I do not blame him anymore, but instead have channeled my hostility to Weaver. Keeping a coach who has only been to the NCAA once and being oblivious to the dwindling crowds has truly sharpened my anger. I realize that Weaver is not well but someone must be held accountable to the fiasco that is called VT basketball.

I live in the midst of the Duke, UNC, and NCSU crowd and they like Seth but admit that he would never get a long term contract at their school. In short, they love laughing at us.