Going back to thread from a single post? I have to click back like 3 or 4 times...

Never been in this forum before, so SIR. Why do I have to click back like 3-4 times to get from a single post back to the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by 134722Hokie View Post
    Never been in this forum before, so SIR. Why do I have to click back like 3-4 times to get from a single post back to the thread?
    If by "this forum" you mean Techsideline, as in it's your first time here, it's implied that you're used to normal forum formats. To get that here, look all the way down at the lower left where there's a box that probably says "Threaded View (default)". Click the arrow and choose "Topic View (classic vBulletin)". After that, at the top of a thread, there's a gray line with "Thread Tools Search Thread etc.". Click on the arrow next to "Display" and select "Linear Mode". That should make the forum appear like what you're used to at other forums and you'll be able to click once and see all the posts in the thread.

I'm a long time TSLer. First time in the "new site questions, issues, etc." forum. Only happens some of the time, but sometimes I'll click a post to read and then I try and click back to go back to the full thread and it does nothing. I have to click back 3 or 4 times before it finally returns to the full thread.

I'm a long time TSLer. First time in the "new site questions, issues, etc." forum. Only happens some of the time, but sometimes I'll click a post to read and then I try and click back to go back to the full thread and it does nothing. I have to click back 3 or 4 times before it finally returns to the full thread.
    Instead of clicking back, just click on the name of the board at the top. For example, at the top of this thread you see...

-> Forum -> Special Use Boards -> New Site Questions, Issues, Suggestions, etc. ->Going back to thread from a single post? I have to click back like 3 or 4 times...

Each of the words between the arrows is a clickable link. Click "Forum" and you to the full list of forums. Click "Special Use Boards" and you go to the list of boards under the Special Use category. Click "New Site Questions, Issues, Suggestions, etc." and you go back to the New Site Board index. If you were on the Football board, for example, you would see something like "Forum -> Free Boards -> Football -> Stiney Sucks." If you click the word Football, you will be taken back to the Football Board index, which is where it sounds like you're trying to get to when you click "Back" 3 or 4 times.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

When that happens, it's usually ad-related. You can check your browser's dropdown of past pages and you'll usually see a couple weird URLs between the post and, say, Techsideline.com | New User Forum. I'm not entirely sure the why and how of it -- sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't -- but you can either click on the forum name at the top (the line above the "this forum powered by" area) or go to the "back" dropdown and select the page you want.