How many more games would VT have won if they could have shot free throws like

they have in the last two games? I say six: UVA, Duke#2, Clemson, FSU, BYU, and Maryland, and there may have been a couple of others in there. Learning how to win is a process, and it's one thing to hit FTs when it doesn't really matter, and it's something else again to have to hit them to stay in the game or to finish it off. If they had shot better free throws this year, I think that they finish with 22 or so wins, and a likely NCAA berth.

2 or 3?

So..what if the OTHER teams had made more of their FT's in the same games?

Quote Originally Posted by 133697Hokie View Post
    they have in the last two games? I say six: UVA, Duke#2, Clemson, FSU, BYU, and Maryland, and there may have been a couple of others in there. Learning how to win is a process, and it's one thing to hit FTs when it doesn't really matter, and it's something else again to have to hit them to stay in the game or to finish it off. If they had shot better free throws this year, I think that they finish with 22 or so wins, and a likely NCAA berth.
    I get your point, but you could just as easily say something similar about every facet of every game.

What if we had made 2 more field goals in every game we lost by 3 or less?

What if we hadn't gone 6-8 minutes without scoring in multiple games we lost?

What if the other teams had not missed a couple field goals or FT's they missed on games we WON by 1-3 points.

More realistic question would have been "what if VT made FTs at their season average"?

At least 3, perhaps more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokeedokee View Post
    Or what if the other teams had never committed fouls?