Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Join Date
    September 17, 2001
    Posts
    30,620

    Win catalyst: Greenberg? Green? Green and Hudson? Team? Clemson? Bill and Mike?

    Tom wearing double layer of maroon Hokie t and sweatshirt?
    "That's some catch, that Catch 22!" - Capt. Yossarian

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by TomTurkey View Post
    Tom wearing double layer of maroon Hokie t and sweatshirt?
    10-4 on the maroon on maroon.
    I would say a great team win. Greenberg coached his a$$ off while Green was on fire offensively. Hudson had a great game and the leadership of Hudson and Green took over down the stretch. How about the rebounding of Dorian Finney-Smith? His rebounding was a huge factor. Raines held the inside steady and Booker? with Clemson seemed to fall apart by Raines steady defense. Hudson, Green and Eddie made free throws and the team continued to attack with the ball when on offense instead of holding the ball and waiting to lose the lead. It was a very good performance and VT seemed prepared.

    For full disclosure: I have been critical of Greenberg's over demonstrative actions on the sidelines before. Funny how last night I did not care and loved to see it. So, I don't know what to make of myself. LOL. I appreciated the fact that he let the team play with a lead and trusted them to either 1) hold the lead or 2) pull further ahead or 3) if we lost it would not be because we were standing around and just not taking it to the basket.
    Ecclesiastes 3: To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven

  3. #3
    Agreed, this was perhaps the first game this season where we didnt play passively trying to hold on to a slight lead. Let the kids play and their confidence will soar.

    Quote Originally Posted by hokietechie View Post
    10-4 on the maroon on maroon.
    I would say a great team win. Greenberg coached his a$$ off while Green was on fire offensively. Hudson had a great game and the leadership of Hudson and Green took over down the stretch. How about the rebounding of Dorian Finney-Smith? His rebounding was a huge factor. Raines held the inside steady and Booker? with Clemson seemed to fall apart by Raines steady defense. Hudson, Green and Eddie made free throws and the team continued to attack with the ball when on offense instead of holding the ball and waiting to lose the lead. It was a very good performance and VT seemed prepared.

    For full disclosure: I have been critical of Greenberg's over demonstrative actions on the sidelines before. Funny how last night I did not care and loved to see it. So, I don't know what to make of myself. LOL. I appreciated the fact that he let the team play with a lead and trusted them to either 1) hold the lead or 2) pull further ahead or 3) if we lost it would not be because we were standing around and just not taking it to the basket.

  4. #4
    PFHokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Location
    Edinburg, VA
    Posts
    6,884
    Greenberg and Green. I thought Seth called a really good game. I love Green, he's fearless but in control. Hudson had a nice game but he almost blew it with those two late fouls.
    [B]You went full retard, man. Never go full retard. - Sergeant Lincoln Osiris
    Drama ain't gonna queen itself -- GreatDismal[/B]

  5. #5

    Join Date
    July 30, 2001
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by PFHokie View Post
    Greenberg and Green. I thought Seth called a really good game. I love Green, he's fearless but in control. Hudson had a nice game but he almost blew it with those two late fouls.
    I would argue it was that we did not have so many sloppy turnovers at the top of the arc....

  6. #6

    Join Date
    December 28, 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    9,679
    Quote Originally Posted by TomTurkey View Post
    Tom wearing double layer of maroon Hokie t and sweatshirt?
    Per Seth, Senior leadership.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    April 17, 2003
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by East Cobb Hokie View Post
    Per Seth, Senior leadership.
    DH played with a real sense of urgency yesterday. During timeouts he was very vocal with the entire team. He's had some unfortunate injury problems over the last few years but, he's not going down without a fight. I expect him to play a huge role in today's game...last shot at Duke and he knows it.

  8. #8
    RapmasterAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 09, 2003
    Location
    Topic View
    Posts
    10,421
    Quote Originally Posted by KP Texas View Post
    DH played with a real sense of urgency yesterday. During timeouts he was very vocal with the entire team. He's had some unfortunate injury problems over the last few years but, he's not going down without a fight. I expect him to play a huge role in today's game...last shot at Duke and he knows it.
    Yeah I thought Hudson was playing with full awareness of the situation last night. I hope he can step it up another notch for tonight, because we'll need it badly. No reason to not leave everything on the court.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    October 10, 1999
    Location
    Sumter, SC
    Posts
    2,559
    he had me worried at the end when he had two quick fouls and a lane violation; I thought that he might lose his composure/control, but he kept everything in check.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •