Win catalyst: Greenberg? Green? Green and Hudson? Team? Clemson? Bill and Mike?

Tom wearing double layer of maroon Hokie t and sweatshirt?
    "That's some catch, that Catch 22!" - Capt. Yossarian

Quote Originally Posted by TomTurkey View Post
    10-4 on the maroon on maroon.
    I would say a great team win. Greenberg coached his a$$ off while Green was on fire offensively. Hudson had a great game and the leadership of Hudson and Green took over down the stretch. How about the rebounding of Dorian Finney-Smith? His rebounding was a huge factor. Raines held the inside steady and Booker? with Clemson seemed to fall apart by Raines steady defense. Hudson, Green and Eddie made free throws and the team continued to attack with the ball when on offense instead of holding the ball and waiting to lose the lead. It was a very good performance and VT seemed prepared.

For full disclosure: I have been critical of Greenberg's over demonstrative actions on the sidelines before. Funny how last night I did not care and loved to see it. So, I don't know what to make of myself. LOL. I appreciated the fact that he let the team play with a lead and trusted them to either 1) hold the lead or 2) pull further ahead or 3) if we lost it would not be because we were standing around and just not taking it to the basket.
    Ecclesiastes 3: To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven

Agreed, this was perhaps the first game this season where we didnt play passively trying to hold on to a slight lead. Let the kids play and their confidence will soar.

Quote Originally Posted by hokietechie View Post
    10-4 on the maroon on maroon.
    I would say a great team win. Greenberg coached his a$$ off while Green was on fire offensively. Hudson had a great game and the leadership of Hudson and Green took over down the stretch. How about the rebounding of Dorian Finney-Smith? His rebounding was a huge factor. Raines held the inside steady and Booker? with Clemson seemed to fall apart by Raines steady defense. Hudson, Green and Eddie made free throws and the team continued to attack with the ball when on offense instead of holding the ball and waiting to lose the lead. It was a very good performance and VT seemed prepared.

For full disclosure: I have been critical of Greenberg's over demonstrative actions on the sidelines before. Funny how last night I did not care and loved to see it. So, I don't know what to make of myself. LOL. I appreciated the fact that he let the team play with a lead and trusted them to either 1) hold the lead or 2) pull further ahead or 3) if we lost it would not be because we were standing around and just not taking it to the basket.

Greenberg and Green. I thought Seth called a really good game. I love Green, he's fearless but in control. Hudson had a nice game but he almost blew it with those two late fouls.
    [B]You went full retard, man. Never go full retard. - Sergeant Lincoln Osiris
    Drama ain't gonna queen itself -- GreatDismal[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by PFHokie View Post
    Greenberg and Green. I thought Seth called a really good game. I love Green, he's fearless but in control. Hudson had a nice game but he almost blew it with those two late fouls.
    I would argue it was that we did not have so many sloppy turnovers at the top of the arc....

Quote Originally Posted by TomTurkey View Post
    Per Seth, Senior leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by East Cobb Hokie View Post
    Per Seth, Senior leadership.
    DH played with a real sense of urgency yesterday. During timeouts he was very vocal with the entire team. He's had some unfortunate injury problems over the last few years but, he's not going down without a fight. I expect him to play a huge role in today's game...last shot at Duke and he knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by KP Texas View Post
    DH played with a real sense of urgency yesterday. During timeouts he was very vocal with the entire team. He's had some unfortunate injury problems over the last few years but, he's not going down without a fight. I expect him to play a huge role in today's game...last shot at Duke and he knows it.
    Yeah I thought Hudson was playing with full awareness of the situation last night. I hope he can step it up another notch for tonight, because we'll need it badly. No reason to not leave everything on the court.

he had me worried at the end when he had two quick fouls and a lane violation; I thought that he might lose his composure/control, but he kept everything in check.