Cuse and Pitt to ACC definitely in 2013-2014? I don't see how the Big Least

will have room for them with Temple, Memphis, SMU, and Houston coming in for all sports. Did I leave any other Conference USA/MAC school out?

They might not have to pay anything!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeridgehokie View Post
    will have room for them with Temple, Memphis, SMU, and Houston coming in for all sports. Did I leave any other Conference USA/MAC school out?

They might not have to pay anything!!
    If I was at Pitt or Cuse, I would sit tight and not do anything. The only way I would leave before the 3 years would be to have the Big East refund the exit fee. Otherwise, I would sit there, play football and basketball there and make the Big East figure out how to handle the schedule since the Big East is bringing all of these teams on board.

"The Big East Conference - If You have a Pulse, You Can be a Memeber"

agree, let the BE "breach" the contract on the timing; the football schedule for both just got easier next year; Temple instead of WVU

I'd offer $2-3mil (up to $5) to get out in 2013. Less time I spend in that urine soaked hell hole (WAR Sideshow Bob), the better off my program will be. It doesn't take too many games vs Temple, Memphis, SMU, Houston... as your quality conference games to see a good sized reduction in ticket sales and general support.

There's bound to be a middle ground. The Big East is clamoring for exit fee money like it's part of their business model. And Syracuse/Pitt will earn more money in their first year in the ACC than they will staying in the BE.

but revenue will be << as nobody will show up to see it. Let me see, say you lose 20,000 ticket sales over the course of the season playing in CUSA-v2.0 (you're dropping ~3k per game), that'll be like $700k there. Now figure people spend another $30 on crap (parking, food, shirts, etc) and you are getting close $1.5mil for lost revenue in 1 FB season. Now I'd imagine general donations will drop as well so you're out more money. Your travel costs go up and your brand takes a reputation hit. Not a good position to be in to wait it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcreek Hokie View Post
    If I was at Pitt or Cuse, I would sit tight and not do anything. The only way I would leave before the 3 years would be to have the Big East refund the exit fee. Otherwise, I would sit there, play football and basketball there and make the Big East figure out how to handle the schedule since the Big East is bringing all of these teams on board.

"The Big East Conference - If You have a Pulse, You Can be a Memeber"
    the BigEast will definitely approach them. the other 12 football and XX bball members would be foolish not to. as it stands now, if Pitt and 'Cuse play by the rules, the BigEast will have to split their puny pie 14 ways for football and XX ways for NCAA bball money. if they 'let' Pitt and 'Cuse leave early, they will have 2/14 of the same pie left to split 12 ways for football. the BigEast will offer a little more than the original exit fee and Pitt and 'Cuse will negotiate it down to the original 28 month amount or whatever it is. Pitt and 'Cuse will be in the ACC in 2013 with no additional fees or penalties.
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

No one shows up to see Pitt football anyway

The only time Pitt draws a crowd at Heinz Field is when West Virginia and Notre Dame come to town. It's not going to get any better in the ACC because there is no program in the ACC that will bring a really big crowd (i.e., 15,000+ fans) to Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailgate Guru View Post
    The only time Pitt draws a crowd at Heinz Field is when West Virginia and Notre Dame come to town. It's not going to get any better in the ACC because there is no program in the ACC that will bring a really big crowd (i.e., 15,000+ fans) to Pittsburgh.
    I'm one of the few, but I will be going up to Pitt. Used to go when we and Pitt were both in the BEFC.

Quote Originally Posted by hokiedokie1 View Post
    There's bound to be a middle ground. The Big East is clamoring for exit fee money like it's part of their business model. And Syracuse/Pitt will earn more money in their first year in the ACC than they will staying in the BE.
    Well, entrance and exit fees are part of the BE business models. The old line & private BE schools are keeping their programs afloat to some degree with all the exit money they are earning.